M Colston on Yahoo - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

M Colston on Yahoo

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby DamitzIII » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:02 pm

look, i dont think that the person with Colston would be fine with a manipulation of the rules. Whats done is done and leave it at that. I fyou had Colston, you'd be defending this loophole, but you didnt pick him up.
DamitzIII
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby alwazefun » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:12 pm

bklik wrote:OK, sorry. Hows this...

Stop whining.

Not whining, at this point im just correcting dense morons like yourself.
alwazefun
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby alwazefun » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:14 pm

DamitzIII wrote:look, i dont think that the person with Colston would be fine with a manipulation of the rules. Whats done is done and leave it at that. I fyou had Colston, you'd be defending this loophole, but you didnt pick him up.

For a second time ... I do own Colston in a league where he had WR/TE, and I could have played him as a TE. I chose to have the commish classify him properly as a WR. Because it is a loophole and it should be closed.
alwazefun
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Moses » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:15 pm

alwazefun wrote:
DamitzIII wrote:look, i dont think that the person with Colston would be fine with a manipulation of the rules. Whats done is done and leave it at that. I fyou had Colston, you'd be defending this loophole, but you didnt pick him up.

For a second time ... I do own Colston in a league where he had WR/TE, and I could have played him as a TE. I chose to have the commish classify him properly as a WR. Because it is a loophole and it should be closed.

Sounds to me like you need to call the Wambulance. It's not really a loophole if Yahoo has him placed as a TE. That's just strategy.
Moses
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby alwazefun » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:21 pm

Moses wrote:
alwazefun wrote:

Sounds to me like you need to call the Wambulance. It's not really a loophole if Yahoo has him placed as a TE. That's just strategy.

Of course because Yahoo couldnt possibly be wrong. Yes it is a brilliant strategy I dont know why these people arent great Generals .. give me a f ###ing break.
alwazefun
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby FatFoot » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:25 pm

You're making a fool of yourself, and the most disturbing thing about it is that you seem to think that you're not the one with the problem.

The issue that you bring up, is simple: if Yahoo allows a player dual eligibility, he can play both positions. If the guy sucked, you'd have no problem with it. The guy doesn't suck, so now you have a problem.

There are 2 solutions: 1). contact Yahoo and get them to enforce WR eligibility exclusively (which I think you know that you won't be able to do) or 2). deal with it.

You don't have any other options. It's not your right to tell other managers how they can line up their players.

And no one believes that you would refrain from using him as a TE if you had the option.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby alwazefun » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:39 pm

FatFoot wrote:You're making a fool of yourself, and the most disturbing thing about it is that you seem to think that you're not the one with the problem.

The issue that you bring up, is simple: if Yahoo allows a player dual eligibility, he can play both positions. If the guy sucked, you'd have no problem with it. The guy doesn't suck, so now you have a problem.

There are 2 solutions: 1). contact Yahoo and get them to enforce WR eligibility exclusively (which I think you know that you won't be able to do) or 2). deal with it.

You don't have any other options. It's not your right to tell other managers how they can line up their players.

And no one believes that you would refrain from using him as a TE if you had the option.

Im not the one with the problem ... I wasnt fired up(threatneing to quit the league, etc) about the status of Colston in my league when I first asked the question, I just wanted to know how others using yahoo had handled it, if their commish had made a ruling outside of Yahoo, etc ... When I did get aggravated is when people had to make smart ass comments that didnt help at all.

And as to your comments, Ill have to give you credit, at least they are semi constructive...

but a) just because yahoo allows it does not prevent indivdual leagues from making rules to limit his eligibility ... and this was kind of the point of the question, to see if others had done this and exactly what they may have done.

b) there are many other solutions just 1 of which I mentioned previously, another would be a league vote.

c) I do have Colston in multiple leagues, and in the one league he had dual eligibility and I did/do use him as a WR ... whether you believe me or not matters very little ... some people don't have to win at all costs.
alwazefun
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Thursday » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:43 pm

My lord dude, just give it up. If Colston's available at TE, so be it. It's not like it's LaDainian Tomlinson eligibile at TE.
Thursday
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby alwazefun » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:53 pm

Thursday wrote:Image

My lord dude, just give it up. If Colston's available at TE, so be it. It's not like it's LaDainian Tomlinson eligibile at TE.

If he was people would be arguing for it just the same ... because almighty Yahoo says so.

I really didnt care about it this much, Im mostly still posting because Im just sitting here watching TV anyway; and the moron "I own Colston and play him as a TE, pat me on the back for my fantasic strategy and foresight" people are coming out of the woodwork
alwazefun
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:05 pm

so you think thats its fair that people that have been relying on him as a TE, possibly passed up other TEs on the WW because they had colston, or even dropped other TEs on their roster for him should be punished now by declaring him ineligible? thats just wrong on a number of levels. i am in 7 yahoo leagues and was only smart enough to get him in one of them....i give props to the 6 guys in my other leagues who were faster than me....not wish for a rule change because he is dominating the position now.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk