M Colston on Yahoo - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

M Colston on Yahoo

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bklik » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:26 pm

Thursday wrote:Image

My lord dude, just give it up. If Colston's available at TE, so be it. It's not like it's LaDainian Tomlinson eligibile at TE.

Hahaha, Ive gotta save that jpg. There are so many times I wish I had something like that. Thanks.
TEAM A
LEINART, farve
HOUSH, ROY WILLIAMS, DRIVER, hackett, bennett, marshal
RUDI, BUSH, JORDAN, green
HEAP

TEAM B
PEYTON
WAYNE, BOLDIN, MARSHALL, gonzalez, marshall
PARKER, GREEN, chester, betts
WINSLOW
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby alwazefun » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:29 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:so you think thats its fair that people that have been relying on him as a TE, possibly passed up other TEs on the WW because they had colston, or even dropped other TEs on their roster for him should be punished now by declaring him ineligible? thats just wrong on a number of levels. i am in 7 yahoo leagues and was only smart enough to get him in one of them....i give props to the 6 guys in my other leagues who were faster than me....not wish for a rule change because he is dominating the position now.

I have never experienced a problem like this with yahoo before so I was expecting them to fix it like every other site did. Some sites took longer then others so if the rule was changed now at least he got to use him for some games. This is also why I was suggesting it happen at the bye week since he would have to make TE arrangements anyway.

I serioulsy doubt most people dropped the likes of Gates, Heap, etc ... in order to pick up Colston. I also do not believe fixing something that only one site has chose not to fix is punishing the owner. It sucks for him but so do injuries. I own Colston in one league and do not use him as a TE, so I am not asking people to do something I would be unwilling to do.
alwazefun
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:40 pm

you asked for everyone's opinion on the matter and when it wasnt what you wanted to hear you started to cry, just get over it....its always next year....but its nothing to cry and complain about the entire year, its just the TE position, if you honestly think that one position is enough to make your entire team lose then you need to regroup as a manager and think about how your playing fantasy....

but to sit here and be a baby about this subject for this long and to this extreme says you need some growing up to do...if your 13 i understand, if your 30 get a grip on life
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby matmat » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:45 pm

this reminds me of a different thread i saw on here recently

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=271460
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:50 pm

matmat wrote:this reminds me of a different thread i saw on here recently

lots of duplicate posts in here lately. guess people dont know how to use the search feature.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CeeLoGreen » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:57 pm

Everyone had an opportunity to get him, whether throught the draft or as a free agent. Since everyone had the same opportunity, no one is getting an advantage.

Those that missed out, myself included, will just have to accept it. We had a shot at him, and I guarantee anyone who has him as a TE is in favor of keeping it that way.

Am I pissed at the owner who has Colston?? Yeah. But only because I didn't get him first. You gotta tip the cap and move on.
CeeLoGreen
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kilroy » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:57 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:

lots of duplicate posts in here lately. guess people dont know how to use the search feature.

What's a "Search Feature"? :-b

Do I think Colston should be TE eligible? Nope.

Is he in Yahoo? Yep.

If I played on Yahoo would I play him in the TE slot? H**l Yes.

Do people that ask for others' opinions and then complain when they don't get the answer they wanted need to get a grip? It'd be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby alwazefun » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:30 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:

What's a "Search Feature"? :-b

Do I think Colston should be TE eligible? Nope.

Is he in Yahoo? Yep.

If I played on Yahoo would I play him in the TE slot? H**l Yes.

Do people that ask for others' opinions and then complain when they don't get the answer they wanted need to get a grip? It'd be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

I didnt ask the question in order to help me form an opinion(If you read my question my opinion is obvious), I didnt ask for other peoples opinions on my stance ... If you read the original question I asked what others had done in their league to address the situation. If people had not dealt with this situation then they did not even need to respond, but they felt it was there duty to be smart asses.
alwazefun
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:41 am

Uh I haven't read this entire thread, but people need to stop complaining about Colston's TE eligibility. Think of it this way. Alfonso Soriano, perhaps the best fantasy baseball player this past season, played OF for the entire year. OF is a pretty loaded position in fantasy baseball. However, he had 2b eligibility ALL YEAR. 2b is arguably the weakest position (after catcher) in fantasy baseball. Thus, Soriano's value was that much more, even though he didn't play 2b. Anyways - suck it up, everyone had the opportunity to get him, and if you were fortunate enough, good for you. If not, it kinda sucks, but it happens all the time.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:43 am

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:Uh I haven't read this entire thread, but people need to stop complaining about Colston's TE eligibility. Think of it this way. Alfonso Soriano, perhaps the best fantasy baseball player this past season, played OF for the entire year. OF is a pretty loaded position in fantasy baseball. However, he had 2b eligibility ALL YEAR. 2b is arguably the weakest position (after catcher) in fantasy baseball. Thus, Soriano's value was that much more, even though he didn't play 2b. Anyways - suck it up, everyone had the opportunity to get him, and if you were fortunate enough, good for you. If not, it kinda sucks, but it happens all the time.

He's right. Plus I doubt people who have him are whining. Suck it up and you should be hitting yourself for not picking him up earlier.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk