Against what kind of teams do lb's get the most tackles? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Against what kind of teams do lb's get the most tackles?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Against what kind of teams do lb's get the most tackles?

Postby vykeengfan » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:22 pm

Not sure which IDP to pick up to cover a BYE. I know that linebackers usually get the most tackles on a team, but what I'm not sure about is against what teams do they get the MOST tackles against? I'm assuming against teams that utilize their rb a lot in passing situations out of the backfield, or against teams who run the majority of the time. Am I correct in my assumption?
Does anyone know what teams specifically draw the most tackles from a linebacker?

Hope this made sense.
Thanks for any ideas or suggestions in advance!!
vykeengfan
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deacon » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:55 pm

You assumption is correct and you should target a LB that is playing against a good O. Also try to find a middle LB that is used to blitz. OLBs that blitz are good also and they usually cover the TE and backs in pass plays if they are not blitzing.
Bacon is the greatest meat of all!
deacon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:05 pm

If you're willing to trust the Giants defense this week, they're going into Atlanta and everyone knows Atlanta runs a lot. Atlanta will most likely stick to what they've been good at, and try to have Dunn and Vick run. Giants LBs should rack up a bunch of tackles, as long as they don't fold over like they've done in the past.

Another team that might get a lot of tackles from the LB group might be Houston. Dallas will likely try to limit more Bledsoe mistakes and stick to running JJ and MBIII.

In general, if a team has a known weakness at stopping the run, the other team will usually try to capitalize on that and run it more. Even more helpful is if that team also has a weak offense, meaning that they can't catch up throwing the ball, which allows opposing teams to run out the clock. I think Houston has traditionally had a lot of tackles from their LB group because of this.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby vykeengfan » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:19 pm

Great info, guys. Exactly what I was looking for!!! ;-D
vykeengfan
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 6)

Return to Football Talk