Derrik Mason is Gone - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Derrik Mason is Gone

Moderator: Football Moderators

Derrik Mason is Gone

Postby Infidel » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:21 pm

Cutting his underperforming a$$ now. Can get Reggie Williams. What happened to all the McNair to Mason hype? Also, have to say that Billick should be fired. The O guru in Minny gets Mason, Heap and McNair to go with a great O line and J Lewis and this O looks like crap. Admit that J Lewis has looked like he needed a maxi-pad when he gets the ball but no holes (pun intended) that he seems to be able to find.
CheeseWhiz is a great substitute for plazma.
Infidel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Derrik Mason is Gone

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:24 pm

Infidel wrote:Cutting his underperforming a$$ now. Can get Reggie Williams. What happened to all the McNair to Mason hype? Also, have to say that Billick should be fired. The O guru in Minny gets Mason, Heap and McNair to go with a great O line and J Lewis and this O looks like crap. Admit that J Lewis has looked like he needed a maxi-pad when he gets the ball but no holes (pun intended) that he seems to be able to find.

first of all they play for baltimore not minny.

ogden isnt anywhere near where he was when he was younger...the o-line isnt as great as you make it out to be.

i wont even comment on the rest.

i just wish there were a few more threads on ravens players, they are rare ;-7

oh wait....heres one that still was being posted in yesterday:
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=280898
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:28 pm

that oline is downright horrendous. i see no reason why getting rid of mason is a bad idea, though id try to trade him before downright cutting him.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Derrik Mason is Gone

Postby Matthias » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:30 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:first of all they play for baltimore not minny.

Yah, but Billick was the OC in Minny before taking the head coaching job in Baltimore (and I think set the single season for points scored) which is what I'm guessing Infidel was referring to. That if Billick is such an offensive genius, then why is his offense, well, so, offensive?
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tol1l1yboy » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:31 pm

Um deluxe_247 you are a baltimore fan but you dont know that your head coach was the supposed guru of all offense coming out of yep you guessed it minnesota. He was the o-coordinater there before conning his way into a head coaching job with his ego and puffery.

I have to say Baltimore's offense looks worse than I thought it would and I figured it would be somewhere in the bottom 3rd...
tol1l1yboy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:34 pm

yea baltimore is 4-1 and beat a very good SD team...fire belicheck right now, that makes alot of sense ;-D

even though they are headed to the playoffs, call it quits right now
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby slowride » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:42 pm

Why bring the patriots into this? :-?

I'm really disappointed with Mason as well. As of right now he doesn't have much if any value in the trade market. I'm hoping he pulls a big game out of his *** and I can unload him.
slowride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:49 pm

tol1l1yboy wrote:Um deluxe_247 you are a baltimore fan but you dont know that your head coach was the supposed guru of all offense coming out of yep you guessed it minnesota. He was the o-coordinater there before conning his way into a head coaching job with his ego and puffery.

umm yeah i knew i knew that..i misread your post. re-read it and maybe you can see how that happened.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:51 pm

you guys are greedy lol...

derrick mason has 300 yds receiving this year, thats 80 ypg, roughly 8 points per game in standard scoring, any chambers or moss owner would love to have that production because they havent been as fortunate....

he hasnt scored yet, but consistently every week he has performed....u guys can jump ship if u want, but every other wr has a reason, chambers has no qb or o line or running game, moss has nothing, mason and CJ will bounce back, if u want to sell them for dirt cheap go ahead, but you wont get what value their worth....

i traded chambers for reggie williams, so i got production for him, leads the league td receptions, otherwise i would of kept him, dont trade a top tier wr for dirt cheap, wait for one big game at the very least then trade them
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby slowride » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:34 am

LS2throwed wrote:you guys are greedy lol...

derrick mason has 300 yds receiving this year, thats 80 ypg, roughly 8 points per game in standard scoring, any chambers or moss owner would love to have that production because they havent been as fortunate....

True, but his point totals in standard scoring are 5,4,13,3,4. 4 out of 5 weeks so far he has been a detriment to fantasy teams. Thats not consistency that I want.
slowride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk