Derrik Mason is Gone - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Derrik Mason is Gone

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby jnormy » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:20 am

LS2throwed wrote:yea baltimore is 4-1 and beat a very good SD team...fire belicheck right now, that makes alot of sense ;-D

even though they are headed to the playoffs, call it quits right now

That would be Billick...

(Although I agree it's kind of silly to suggest firing the head coach of a 4-1 team just 'cause his offensive players aren't performing up to fantasy FB standards.)
Last edited by jnormy on Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
jnormy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JakeTrain72 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:48 am

LS2throwed wrote:even though they are headed to the playoffs, call it quits right now

Don't be too quick on this one. They have little offense and JLew isn't going to get better as the season goes on. Cincy and Pit are not going to roll over either. I'm not saying either of those teams is a shoe in either, but I am not sure a team that can't run is going to score enough points. And the defense is a little overhyped...allowing 13-14 points isn't too shabby, but when its against a struggling vet in Plummer, a rookie in Rivers, and a sophomore in Frye, I tend to worry about what say a Jake Delhomme and Steve Smith can do.

The offense is good for about 15-17 points a game. That won't be enough against the better offenses if they can't run the clock down with a good running game. I don't see this team in the playoffs unless Cincy just falls apart.
JakeTrain72
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:48 am

Derelicte Mason
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:22 pm

JakeTrain72 wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:even though they are headed to the playoffs, call it quits right now

Don't be too quick on this one. They have little offense and JLew isn't going to get better as the season goes on. Cincy and Pit are not going to roll over either. I'm not saying either of those teams is a shoe in either, but I am not sure a team that can't run is going to score enough points. And the defense is a little overhyped...allowing 13-14 points isn't too shabby, but when its against a struggling vet in Plummer, a rookie in Rivers, and a sophomore in Frye, I tend to worry about what say a Jake Delhomme and Steve Smith can do.

The offense is good for about 15-17 points a game. That won't be enough against the better offenses if they can't run the clock down with a good running game. I don't see this team in the playoffs unless Cincy just falls apart.

Im sorry, but when you have a defense like the ravens, you will win most of your games....they already have 4 wins thus far, this is their remaining schedule....

Oct 15 Carolina 1:00pm
Oct 29 @New Orleans 1:00pm
Nov 5 Cincinnati 1:00pm
Nov 12 @Tennessee 1:00pm
Nov 19 Atlanta 1:00pm
Nov 26 Pittsburgh 1:00pm
Nov 30 @Cincinnati 8:00pm
Dec 10 @Kansas City 1:00pm
Dec 17 Cleveland 1:00pm
Dec 24 @Pittsburgh 1:00pm
Dec 31 Buffalo 1:00pm

the games in bold are the ones i think they should win, titans and browns make 6 wins, bills 7, at LEAST the steelers once is 8, and im sure they will win at the very least one other game vs carolina, atl, cincy twice, KC and NO....that be stupid to think they will lose all of those games....

so at the worst your looking at a 9-7 team, at best 11-5....that is no way a crisis, or reason to jump ship....their offense could be as bad as it is the rest of the way and they will still win that amount of games, and in the playoffs guess what, id take baltimore over indy ALL DAY LONG...could care less about reg season, the ravens would be all over manning, and it would be another playoff loss, they are solid enough to make some noise, and when you have a GREAT D, they will take them as far as they need to, even if they lose to cincy twice which is still saying alot for the bengals, the steelers wont....

As far as derrick mason, i can see why owners are tired, but overall his yardage and production is alot better then some other #1 wr's letdown....my thing is, why trade him dirt cheap, why not look around the WW then with a big game trade him....knowing he was drafted early i wouldnt want to trade mason for a #2 wr, as i expect him to start dropping td's in very soon...of course him being traded isnt crazy, almost all the leagues ive seen had him being traded after monday nite, i took him and will start him vs carolina this week because of byes, but due to the value he was at, im able to sit him on my bench behind better wr's and wait, if he breaks out ill reap benefits
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby ateam » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:35 pm

I had good ol Derrick pretty far down on my rankings compared to most because I owned him previously. The guy is the king of mediocrisy. Most weeks a WW WR would be nearly just as good. I didn't fall into the McNair peaches & herbs hype, figuring that adding a year (to both) as well as putting on a Ravens jersey would actually be a bump down.
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:48 pm

Of course, you realize now that you've dropped Mason, he's going to score in three straight games. :-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk