Leon Washington = Starter? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Leon Washington = Starter?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Leon Washington = Starter?

Postby SeaWolf » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:52 pm

I have picked him up in 2 leagues. I can not find anything anywhere that says if he is going to start this week. Any help would be helpfull.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Thursday » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:05 am

Barlow was nursing a calf injury, it says here on Yahoo. I bet he was just too hurt to go. But no doubt, Washington could get a significant slice of carries this week.
Thursday
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:23 am

Don't think he's been named the starter yet. Still think Barlow starts but Washington will get more carries then him.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:25 am

and when cedric houston gets healthy, he too will get more carries than washington.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby SeaWolf » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:48 pm

Thanks for the info guys. ;-D
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:41 pm

houston and barlow are the odd man out if/when c mart comes back and plays, washington is the only one who gives a different type of running and speed to spell martin, houston is almost the same type of back just not as good, barlow is good for nothing in my opinion, he's going to get lost in the shuffle very soon
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Wesley Walker » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:57 pm

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:and when cedric houston gets healthy, he too will get more carries than washington.

Not so.

All signs point to Washington and Barlow featuring, with Houston and Blaylock playing little or no part.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:14 am

Lots of carries in garbage time of a 41-0 shelllacking. I picked up Leon Washington in leagues where I am able, but am very skeptical that he can continue to see such a big workload. IF he sees 15+ touches this weekend I will be pleasantly surprised.

Maurice Drew type player is his upside IMO with so many other RBs vying for carries. Who knows what direction they will go once Curtis comes back.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Gang Green » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:45 pm

I honestly don't think Curtis will come back. If he does, I don't think he'll play that big of a role. I'm a diehard Jet fan, but they aren't going to the Super Bowl this year. Let's look to the future and see what Leon can do while it makes sense to do so. Leon Washington has been compared to Warrick Dunn, another small former FSU back who carries a signficant workload. Mangini is very high on Washington, he certainly has more speed, burst and athleticism than any other Jet RB. I expect Leon to get 15+ touches from here on out with Barlow being the short yardage and goaline back. I don't expect Houston, Blaylock or Martin for that matter to have much if any role from here on out.
Leon Washington A.K.A. Little Dunn
Gang Green
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:52 pm

Gang Green wrote:I honestly don't think Curtis will come back. If he does, I don't think he'll play that big of a role. I'm a diehard Jet fan, but they aren't going to the Super Bowl this year. Let's look to the future and see what Leon can do while it makes sense to do so. Leon Washington has been compared to Warrick Dunn, another small former FSU back who carries a signficant workload. Mangini is very high on Washington, he certainly has more speed, burst and athleticism than any other Jet RB. I expect Leon to get 15+ touches from here on out with Barlow being the short yardage and goaline back. I don't expect Houston, Blaylock or Martin for that matter to have much if any role from here on out.

4 guys with a "small"role =

Barlow - 6 carries
Houston - 5 carries
Curtis Martin - 4 carries
Leon Washington - 2 carries, 4 catches
Thurman Thomas - 1 carry
Bo Jackson - 1 punt
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer