Postby dmac37 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:31 am

Rod Smith a Raider killer!
dmac37
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

ROD

Postby DbacksAllTheWay » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:34 pm

I will second that Rod Smith, I think he will finally break out this week against the Raiders, Raiders CB Nnamdi Asomugha has allowed only two catches for 17 yards this season and has an interception. He will most likely be on Javon Walker this whole game, that should force most of the pass attempts to go Rod Smith's way, I am expecting 90-105 yards and a TD.
DbacksAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby 9er Fan » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:47 pm

Mack Strong. I think he will get the goal-line carries and more touches in general with Morris starting.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:19 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:ROY's Listed as probable...which is kind of a suprise to say the least.

Would not be a shock at all to see him downgraded to questionable on Friday or Saturday. If that is the case, chances are he will NOT play.

Missing some practice on Wed/Thurs/Fri then downgrade = he's not playing

Just an update, but it looks like Roy missed Wednesday and Thursday due to personal reasons and was back on Friday. Looking like a solid probable this week, with a 90%+ chance of playing.

Here is a quote from coach Marinelli on the Lion's website:

>> On how WR Roy Williams looked today
“Seems fine, yeah, he seems real good. (He) was running around well today, so that was very encouraging.”

IMO, this actually INCREASES Furrey's value this week. Lot's of single coverage in store for Furrey, especially with the way that Hakim played last week.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby theimitator » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:17 pm

Kensat30 wrote:IMO, this actually INCREASES Furrey's value this week. Lot's of single coverage in store for Furrey, especially with the way that Hakim played last week.

That is an interesting perspective. I hope it's not right, though, because I am starting Roy 8-o

I like the Rod Smith take some others have made. He's riding pine on another team tough.

I don't know about Eric Parker. This game reeks of Martyball to me. LT and Turner I think will get the meaty part of the offense.

K Washington I threw in there because CIN is coming out of a bye week and playing TB, so I thought there could be some room for him to score.

I'm leaning towards Welker. He's getting plenty (relatively speaking) of yards in that offense- he just hasn't found the end zone. I kinda-sorta think that'll happen this week (I was a proponant of Joey "the Rubber Duckie" Harrington starting). ;-)
14 Team w/FLX .5PPR
The Porkchop Express
QB: Carson Palmer, Vince Young
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Matt Forte, Reggie Bush, Tim Hightower
WR: Greg Jennings, Anquan Boldin, Terrell Owens, Jabar Gaffney
TE: John Carlson, Ben Watson
PK: R Gould
TD: NO, TB
theimitator
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby joshyboy72 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:30 pm

Eric Parker, Deion Branch, Lee Evans
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:34 pm

9er Fan wrote:Mack Strong. I think he will get the goal-line carries and more touches in general with Morris starting.
I don't typically start FB's at WR. :*)
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby bellybrother » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:43 am

Kensat30 wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:ROY's Listed as probable...which is kind of a suprise to say the least.

Would not be a shock at all to see him downgraded to questionable on Friday or Saturday. If that is the case, chances are he will NOT play.

Missing some practice on Wed/Thurs/Fri then downgrade = he's not playing

Just an update, but it looks like Roy missed Wednesday and Thursday due to personal reasons and was back on Friday. Looking like a solid probable this week, with a 90%+ chance of playing.

Here is a quote from coach Marinelli on the Lion's website:

>> On how WR Roy Williams looked today
“Seems fine, yeah, he seems real good. (He) was running around well today, so that was very encouraging.”

IMO, this actually INCREASES Furrey's value this week. Lot's of single coverage in store for Furrey, especially with the way that Hakim played last week.

That's my thining exactly. As a matter of fact I will be starting both ROY and Furrey this week due to bye weeks for Jennings and Edwards. Also picked up Hakim just in case ROY didn't go........Really deep money league.

If You're Not Livin On The Edge, You're Takin Up Too Much Space
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk