Team D vs Opponents Starting QB - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Team D vs Opponents Starting QB

Moderator: Football Moderators

Team D vs Opponents Starting QB

Postby Stelly » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:16 am

Strategy question. My league requires us to carry to Team Ds throughout the season. I have Miami (vs NYJ) and Atlanta (vs NYG). My opponent this week is likely going to start Eli Manning at QB. QBs get -2 for an INT, while Ds get +2 for an INT.

I was leaning towards starting Miami against the Jets, but is there a noticable advantage to playing a Team D when they are playing your opponents starting QB (ie, this week me playing Atlanta while he plays Eli)?
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ChurchH8er » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:30 am

Of course. But it all still depends on whether or not the matchup is favorable. I wouldn't play a defense just because they are playing my opponents QB.

All you have to remember when choosing your starters is to start the player (or defense) with the best chance of getting the most points.

If that just happens to be the defense that the opposing QB is playing against that week - all the better.
ChurchH8er
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby BeefSandwiches » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:31 am

Just put your best lineup on the field every week. It doesn't matter who your opponent is starting. You want the most total points - it is that simple.
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."
- Homer J. Simpson
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:49 am

BeefSandwiches wrote:Just put your best lineup on the field every week. It doesn't matter who your opponent is starting. You want the most total points - it is that simple.

I also use this strategy.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:24 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
BeefSandwiches wrote:Just put your best lineup on the field every week. It doesn't matter who your opponent is starting. You want the most total points - it is that simple.

I also use this strategy.

As do I...there's no point in trying to "cancel out" points unless you feel that will get you a higher total point output. Your goal is to score more than the other guy. If you feel that defense will get you more points than another, then use them. If you think a WR of yours who is on the same team as the opponents' QB will get more points, then use him. Sure, those points will essentially "cancel out," but you're not doing it just because he has the QB; you're doing it to get a higher score. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RugbyD » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:10 pm

eli gets the same amount of points no mattter who is in your lineup and vice versa.
[b]Hermes[/b]: Just such the obstinancy that brought you here, to this self-willed calamitous anchorage.

[b]Prometheus[/b]: Be sure of this: when I set my misfortune against your slavery, I would not change.
RugbyD
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:17 am

Check out Plindsey's defensive formula sticky in the start/bench forum on who to start at defense.

PS- At this point Atlanta is a must-start defense every week regardless of matchup I would think.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk