Throwing a TD pass to Yourself. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Throwing a TD pass to Yourself.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:22 pm

Crippler wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:of course. has nothing to do with fantasy.

This comment has nothing to do with not being a jerk.

ha, nice spacing job.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:30 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:i meant that it obviously would count for your fantasy team. if brad johnson catchs a touchdown pass of course it counts. ryan longwell threw for a touchdown this year, of course it counts.

it's common sense that's all im saying.

Of course, this is coming from someone who lacks the common sense to be courteous here to those who may not be as experienced as he.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:30 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:i meant that it obviously would count for your fantasy team. if brad johnson catchs a touchdown pass of course it counts. ryan longwell threw for a touchdown this year, of course it counts.

it's common sense that's all im saying.

Of course, this is coming from someone who lacks the common sense to be courteous here to those who may not be as experienced as he.

and from someone who doesn't understand the question in the first place. The question is not whether he gets credit once, it's whether he gets double credit for one touchdown and only 7 points on the board.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mrblitz » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:32 pm

Good question. I guess in most leagues they probably would.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:37 pm

I think people may be jumping on Miner pt 2 prematurely here. I don't think he was saying that it has nothing to do with fantasy in that it doesn't have relevance to this board but rather that even fantasy football aside it would go down as passing yards, receiving yards, a reception, a passing TD, and a receiving TD all in the NFL statbook....which fantasy football is based on from there.

Of course I could've been misreading it myself.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby dilydaly » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:59 am

how many warnings does this guy have? he is the bully of the forum to what he calls "newbs" ....

it was a good question and you pull the same crap all the time. your such a wanna be mod... all u do is post wrong forum what does this have to do with ff....

now back to scappy, yes it does count. A quick stat Favres first NFL pass was to himself it wasnt a TD but it bounce of his linemens head and he caught it.....
War is delightful to those who have not experienced it.
-- Desiderius Erasmus
dilydaly
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby 9er Fan » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:50 pm

I was playing FFL on ESPN that year, and yes; he did in fact get credit for a passing and receiving TD on the same play.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby matmat » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:53 pm

dilydaly wrote:

how many warnings does this guy have? he is the bully of the forum to what he calls "newbs" ....

it was a good question and you pull the same crap all the time. your such a wanna be mod... all u do is post wrong forum what does this have to do with ff....

now back to scappy, yes it does count. A quick stat Favres first NFL pass was to himself it wasnt a TD but it bounce of his linemens head and he caught it.....

heh. trouble with critical reading?
come on. all he's saying is that the way it is scored has nothing to do with fantasy rules. it is clearly scored in the nfl stats as a pass, a reception, passing yardage, receiving yardage, passing TD and a receiving TD. think a little before you post, will ya?
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Heavyg25 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:11 pm

matmat wrote:
dilydaly wrote:

heh. trouble with critical reading?
come on. all he's saying is that the way it is scored has nothing to do with fantasy rules. it is clearly scored in the nfl stats as a pass, a reception, passing yardage, receiving yardage, passing TD and a receiving TD. think a little before you post, will ya?

That may be true but the guy could have said it differently instead of sounding like a jerk. Better yet, he could have just not said it at all and just answered the question.
Heavyg25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby maddog60 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:03 pm

I would figure he gets all associated stats. If a player can throw and catch the ball all on his own, he earns those double points imo.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk