Moss vs. Martin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Moss vs. Martin

Moderator: Football Moderators

Moss vs. Martin

Postby kconn » Tue Aug 27, 2002 1:12 pm

I have the 8th pick in a 10-team league, and it appears that Moss may be available at that point. Am I insane to even be considering a RB? Curtis Martin is likely the guy I would get there.

Thanks.
kconn

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Tue Aug 27, 2002 1:38 pm

I don't think you need to question your sanity - with the 8th pick, I'd probably pick the top RB on the board. If no WR has been chosen yet, then definitely pick an RB - it's extremely unlikely that either of the teams picking behind you will take two WRs. This leaves you with an excellent WR in round two (Harrison, in the worst case, but possibly Owens or Moss), if that's what you're looking for. A top RB and an elite WR would certainly be a nice foundation for your team, especially if you can snag a sleeper QB later.

If a WR is off the board already when it's your turn to pick, the decision becomes a bit tougher. Play it by ear depending on who has been taken, but probably lean toward the RB.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Shade Shadowbane » Tue Aug 27, 2002 2:18 pm

David Boston ... David Boston ... David Boston ... David Boston

can you take the subtle hint?? :-B

FYI... I took Boston 8th overall... and still managed to get A-Train in the 2nd round, and by some stroke of sick luck I got Manning in the 3rd...

oh... did I mention David Boston?

;-D

SS
Shade Shadowbane
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby n_tremain23 » Tue Aug 27, 2002 2:42 pm

Yea I agree wth Arlo.The decisions easy if no WR's have been picked.Most likely there won't be any picked yet with the 8th pick.You can pick the best RB available,then when your second pick comes around,most likely either Moss,Boston,Owens,or Harrison will still be available and you can nab one of them.
n_tremain23

Postby Bubba08 » Tue Aug 27, 2002 2:48 pm

Boston will be a great pick in the 2nd round but isn't he going in for surgery or something a few weeks into the seaon.I thought I read somewhere he was. If that's the case go with Owens, Moss, or Harrison... If it's not the case spread that rumor on draft day like someone did to me and pick him in the 4th round ;-D .
Bubba08

Friendliness: %

Postby Shade Shadowbane » Tue Aug 27, 2002 2:54 pm

I don't think it is surgery... unless they need to surgically remove the few ounces of pot they found on him...

He may miss the first 2 games due to suspension... but it's not looking like it will happen...

SS
Shade Shadowbane
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby kashikis » Thu Aug 29, 2002 12:10 pm

id definately grab a RB first and possibly even 2nd too. but if you really want a good wideout there will be a top 5 elite still available by the 2nd round because youd only have to wait 4 more pick and id bet the all grab RB so get one while theyre there. also by choosing a RB youll force both picks under you to do the same for fear of not having enough depth there.
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk