The Orange-Browns! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Orange-Browns!

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Orange-Browns!

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Oct 18, 2002 12:45 am

"The NFL has given teams the option of wearing an alternate jersey at one home game this season. The jersey can be a "throwback" or "classic" jersey, or teams can introduce a new, third color that is already part of their color scheme.That didn't leave many options for the Browns, who wear either white or brown tops.So orange it is.The Browns are breaking out their new jerseys for their game against the Houston Texans. The unveiling, originally scheduled for Nov. 3 against Pittsburgh, was moved up to coincide with the team honoring its 1950 NFL title team and alumni.Cleveland tried orange tops once before, for an exhibition game on Sept. 18, 1954, against the Chicago Bears. The Browns won 35-7. The jerseys lost."

I like this idea,I hope the Steelers use this option just for a little change of pace. :-B
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Fri Oct 18, 2002 5:31 am

You're right, a change of pace can't hurt. I guess older versions of the Browns' jerseys are too similar to the current ones to be noticed, so why not go with orange?

I wonder if the Ravens would be allowed to use old Browns jerseys and call it a throwback? 8-o

Nice idea by the league, although allowing this makes you wonder even more why on earth they kept Peyton Manning from wearing Johnny Unitas-style shoes...

By the way, interesting that the new Guttpuppy avatar coincides with this post. :-D Is this a permanent change, or just for one home game? Will we see the dog we've come to know and love in throwback posts? :-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Oct 18, 2002 12:19 pm

Just messing around with the avatar,the bulldog will be back.Manning wearing the Frankenboots,funny!!! :-)
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk