Yahoo help - experienced Commissioners especially - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Yahoo help - experienced Commissioners especially

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yahoo help - experienced Commissioners especially

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:09 pm

Okay - in one of my $$$ leagues we have an owner who it seems is abandoning his team (his last email said "Lose my address - I don't want to talk to you ever again".) As this is a total-points league there is no direct impact on the rest of us so it's not as bad as a H2H where some teams might now get easy wins off a dead team, but it still sucks.

Is there a way in Yahoo to boot an owner out and have someone else take his team or are we stuck? It's a keeper league, so even though his team is stuck in the quagmire of suckiness right now we do have someone else potentially interested in taking over from here out to try and set himself up for a run at it next year (especially since his entry fee is already paid).

Anyone know whether we can switch in the new guy or not?

I know one way we could do it is to have the Commish lock the old guy out of his team completely and then the new guy can send his moves to the Commish via mail and the Commish can make the changes needed but that is a bit cumbersome and our Commish is already overworked...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:13 pm

That sucks, but short of somehow getting this guy to give his login info to you I think you are pretty much out of luck. Perhaps you could try to contact someone at yahoo, but I dont know how receptive they would be
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby HskrPwr13 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:50 pm

Trainer of Dolphins wrote:That sucks, but short of somehow getting this guy to give his login info to you I think you are pretty much out of luck. Perhaps you could try to contact someone at yahoo, but I dont know how receptive they would be

yep. thats pretty much it.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bowie » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:50 pm

"Lose my address - I don't want to talk to you ever again" :~( :~( :~(

What a drama queen.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:24 pm

Maybe you could try emailing Yahoo and have them transfer the team to another account. Earlier this year I did that for one of the members of my league when his original account would not work. It went through smoothly. Not sure if it would work for two different people though.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:25 pm

just ignore his team.

as a side note, what did you guys do to pi$$ him off so much?
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:50 pm

matmat wrote:just ignore his team.

as a side note, what did you guys do to pi$$ him off so much?

I'd really like to know that myself to be honest with you... I'm a little pissed because I was the one that brought the guy into the league this year, so his douchiness reflects poorly on me in the short term. Also, he has 17$ in outstanding transaction fees that I am going to eat as an "oops, sorry I brought this douchebag into our league" gesture, so I am taking a minor financial hit on this one too.

As for ignoring his team, we might just do that if the other candidate doesn't want to participate in his place (worst case scenario I know the Commish can lock the douche out and run the team through Commish-powers according to new guy's requests) but it would be better since we are a keeper league to have his team as an active participant if for no other reason than it makes it better for whomever takes it over next year...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby PHI » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:46 pm

In a Yahoo! league I'm in, the commish booted an owner and was able to have his team handed over to another owner. This happened just before the season started. I don't know if it can be done now that the season has started, but I'd say it's likely. I don't know the complete process used, but he did contact Yahoo! to get the process started.

Hope this helps.
Fantasy Football Junkies Anonymous meetings held weekly on Sundays... and Mondays... and sometimes Thursdays.
PHI
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Sixxgunn » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:41 am

Run the league this year status quo, and next year start a new league, and input the players that are keepers and so on. Seems pretty easy. Then, in your spare time, fire bomb that A-holes house, making sure to crucify his pets on the front lawn.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:48 am

First off, what an @$$hole, but on the note as to what to do, you probably just want to do what u mentioned, which is to lock him, and have the other guy email commish with his moves.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk