Colts Defense? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Colts Defense?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Colts Defense?

Postby thefonze » Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:48 pm

How good is the Colts defense? Are the Bucs that good on Offense or are the Colts that bad.

Also, Just out of curiousity, rank wise what would be your top 10 D's? I'd list mine, but when I sit done and think about it from week to week I can't think of any team besides the Buc's that play consistant defense (not giving up yards / points).
thefonze
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:07 pm

So much depends on your scoring system for ranking defenses. A good defense won't always translate into a top fantasy defense.

The Bucs obviously are the #1 defense. Bartber just scored, so that should help their so-far lack-luster point total.

Carolina would have to be the #2 ranked defense. Again, that doesn't always translate into points. Besides He Hate Me's, return, the Carolina D got me 1 point.

That ends the sure thing, power defenses.

I'd still have to put Miami up there at #3, but they might be on the downside. Again, most of this is points allowed /yards allowed /physicality of the unit. These generally translate into point over the course of a season.

Tough to say after 5 games. KC is the #1 fantasy defense in many leagues, mostly because of Dante Hall. Their D was horrid last year, and the haven't improved that much. They are better than last year, but not a great defense.

Seattle has scored on D a few times on D, New England seems to have a unique D that confuses teams. Dallas has been surprisingly tough. Denver, Cleveland, Indy are decent options, Philly or Pittsburgh could rebound for a good year.

D's are a crapshoot. I generally get screwed on defense, always playing the Seahawks when they score twice, etc.

Oh yea, about the Colts D. Duece ran all over them, now Pittman has posted a C-note on them. They are not a great D yet. They run Dungy's system, but don't have the horses to make it work like Tampa Bay.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:25 am

I think the Miami D is a little underrated. I know they are ranked high, but they are looking good.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Return to Football Talk