Jeremy Shockey - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jeremy Shockey

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jeremy Shockey

Postby DbacksAllTheWay » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:00 am

This guy has been putting up little to nothing this year so far, is there any reason to believe he will pick up his production and be worth acquiring?
DbacksAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby bobbing_headz » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:36 am

I'd say he's a decent buy low. Manning hasn't played great so far but he should pick up it.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Inukchuk » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:41 am

Um, Manning's not having a great year? 6th in rating, 8th in yards, and 3rd in TD isn't bad at all, especially when you consider that the 7 guys above him in yards and the 2 above him in TDs haven't had their bye weeks yet.

As a huge Giants fan, and someone that's seen all of their games, I think Shockey's chronic injury troubles will keep him from doing anything special this year. Also, he seems a little complacent this year on the field. I'm almost wondering if he enjoys being a New York celebrity more than he enjoys playing football...
Inukchuk
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tianyi86 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:07 am

Inukchuk wrote:Um, Manning's not having a great year? 6th in rating, 8th in yards, and 3rd in TD isn't bad at all, especially when you consider that the 7 guys above him in yards and the 2 above him in TDs haven't had their bye weeks yet.

As a huge Giants fan, and someone that's seen all of their games, I think Shockey's chronic injury troubles will keep him from doing anything special this year. Also, he seems a little complacent this year on the field. I'm almost wondering if he enjoys being a New York celebrity more than he enjoys playing football...

And 3 of those 9 tds came in garbage time against the seahawks. Otherwise manning would be an unimpressive 6 tds, 5pick. If shockey stays healthy, he will turn it around, but its a big if.
tianyi86
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Drunken Rhino » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:30 am

Have any TEs played well?

Jeremy Shockey: 12 catches for 147 yards and one TD
Antonio Gates: 13 catches for 177 yards and two TDs
Tony Gonzalez: 18 catches for 172 yards and one TD
Todd Heap: 22 catches for 180 yards and three TDs

Those 4 were generally regarded as the top 4 TEs going into this year and ALL of them have underperformed.

Should all of them pick up the pace? Maybe, but Shockey will be slowed down by his ankle. Not going to expect great numbers, but an improvement on what he's done so far is expected.
Drunken Rhino
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:04 am

tianyi86 wrote:And 3 of those 9 tds came in garbage time against the seahawks. Otherwise manning would be an unimpressive 6 tds, 5pick. If shockey stays healthy, he will turn it around, but its a big if.

Last time I checked, it didn't matter when the stats were put up. They still count.

Maybe you should take away the Boldin and Fitz production last year in garbage time too...it'd probably make them WW guys.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:46 am

Drunken Rhino wrote:Have any TEs played well?

Jeremy Shockey: 12 catches for 147 yards and one TD
Antonio Gates: 13 catches for 177 yards and two TDs
Tony Gonzalez: 18 catches for 172 yards and one TD
Todd Heap: 22 catches for 180 yards and three TDs

Those 4 were generally regarded as the top 4 TEs going into this year and ALL of them have underperformed.

Should all of them pick up the pace? Maybe, but Shockey will be slowed down by his ankle. Not going to expect great numbers, but an improvement on what he's done so far is expected.

Nice stats and comparison. Besides it's not entirely the TE's or WR's fault their not gettin the ball.

BrutallyHuge wrote:
tianyi86 wrote:And 3 of those 9 tds came in garbage time against the seahawks. Otherwise manning would be an unimpressive 6 tds, 5pick. If shockey stays healthy, he will turn it around, but its a big if.

Last time I checked, it didn't matter when the stats were put up. They still count.

Maybe you should take away the Boldin and Fitz production last year in garbage time too...it'd probably make them WW guys.

Excellent point BH.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:08 pm

Bottom line - he's hurt. He can barely run, but he's still playing. It's getting to be a little ridiculous because it's almost like the Moss situation where he was just a decoy. TE's don't score all that many points, but when you have a guy that you're counting on to get you decent yards and maybe a TD, it really screws up your team. I wouldn't trade for him because the reason he's not doing well is because they aren't asking him to do anything due to injury.

I have him on both my teams. I am almost considering dropping him at this stage because I'm not sure he'll get better for this year. Problem is by now all the "sleeper" TE's have been snatched up, so I'm pretty much left with a bust I can't get rid of. :,-(
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:16 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:

In our league we only get half the points for garbage time scores.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bobbing_headz » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:35 pm

Seems to me that most TEs are having a bad year. Is this a down year? cause at the start of the year everyone was claiming that this year was so deep compared to previous years.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk