Couch to start this week - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Couch to start this week

Moderator: Football Moderators

Couch to start this week

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:01 pm

Tim Couch will again get the nod for the Browns this Sunday. If he can pull off this win at home, he might have earned his starting job back.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:25 pm

Is Holocomb healthy enouugh to start?

Here come the Couch Conspiracy Theorists....
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby chaindog35 » Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:38 pm

couch will start for 2 more weeks, then holcomb takes back over
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby AF » Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:21 am

As I see it both of them suck. If I were to make a call today on which to start though I would go with Couch. What has Holcomb done? Nothing. The Browns killed the Steelers this weekend with Couch at the helm. While the win is due in large part to the play of the defence I wold still go with Couch. Holcomb just had 2 good games last year, no reason to give up on the QB that has done so much for your team over the past years.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:22 am

How can you bench him after his performance on SNF?
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby slowkidz » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:32 am

Ive heard arguments from both camps. The general consensus that I've gathered is that Couch will play until Holcomb's injury is no longer an issue. When Holcomb's healed, he'll take back the starting job he won in the preseason.

Personally, I just want the Brownies to win. If that means staying with the hot hand until it cools, albeit. Who knows, maybe this "backup" role finally knockd a little perspective into Couch's mind. From the way he has looked in the last two games, minus those two key interceptions, Couch looks like the guy everyone thought he would be when he was drafted. Granted it has taken him 5 years to get to this point, but maybe that lil shot of reality Davis gave him during the preseason has actually brought out the kind of player Couch should have beenn all along.

But if Davis does decide to play QB Roulette with Couch/Holcomb, it will spell trouble for the team this year. Davis needs to just stick with one or the other.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:54 am

is couch worth starting this week vs oakland? My other options are gannon vs browns and leftwich vs miami

Friendliness: %

Postby TheREALfan » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:59 am

Couch should start and the Browns should wear orange pants with thier orange jerseys!
TheREALfan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:31 pm

Does anyone think that Couch will take over Holcomb's job?

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby DUKE » Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:24 pm

Slowkidz wrote:Ive heard arguments from both camps. The general consensus that I've gathered is that Couch will play until Holcomb's injury is no longer an issue. When Holcomb's healed, he'll take back the starting job he won in the preseason.

Personally, I just want the Brownies to win. If that means staying with the hot hand until it cools, albeit. Who knows, maybe this "backup" role finally knockd a little perspective into Couch's mind. From the way he has looked in the last two games, minus those two key interceptions, Couch looks like the guy everyone thought he would be when he was drafted. Granted it has taken him 5 years to get to this point, but maybe that lil shot of reality Davis gave him during the preseason has actually brought out the kind of player Couch should have beenn all along.

But if Davis does decide to play QB Roulette with Couch/Holcomb, it will spell trouble for the team this year. Davis needs to just stick with one or the other.

I forsee you possibly taking the fire extinguisher and putting out the flames on Couch's jersey. :-D He looked very good last week, and actually looked calm. I've seen him look very nervous in some of his past games where he seems terrified to make any mistakes. I see the team taking a few lumps (another one from the Bengals :-) ) along the way, but I think Couch gives them a better chance to win. Maybe the benching did him some good.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Return to Football Talk