MNF - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

MNF

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:20 am

AF wrote:The only thing that I really see wrong is that when a ref blows a play dead on a fumble it can't be reviewed. They need to just swollow their damn whistles on those plays and let them be reviewed to see if the player was down. One of those type of calls gets blown every week it seems.

Anyhow, I would rather watch a 3:30 game with no blown calls than a 3:00 game with 3 blown calls. I am and always have been for replay, even in college.

Problem with the refs always swallowing their whistles on those plays is that to overturn the call there has to be conclusive evidence. If a ref THINKS the player was down, but doesn't blow his whistle just to be certain, and then a challenge comes up and there are no absolutely CONCLUSIVE replay angles, the play stands as a fumble eventhough the ref thought he was down.

Problem with college replay is that not all games are televised.

As for those of you that went to sleep early, I feel ya. I went to sleep when the fins were spanking the jets a couple years ago and missed an all time classic. To make matters worse (or better), I was watching it with my dad, who was a jets fan, and I was dolphin fan, perhaps it was good I didn't see the end and the smack talk that would ensue :p

Needless to say, I wasn't gonna make the same mistake again last night, glad I didn't miss it.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:13 am

I don't know what happened to the best Ds in the league. I thought it would be a defensive struggle, but it was a scoring frenzy!
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby BESMIRCHED » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:19 am

yah it was a blown call but u know that they should of won with a 21 point lead...
if they blew a 21 point lead then they deserve to lose...

credit to vanderjagt 2 low snaps and still kicked the extra point and GW fg tipped @ line of scrimmage off the post

vanderjagt still perfect...
BESMIRCHED
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk