ONCE AGAIN, REG. SEASON FBALL GAME TRUMPS POST SEASON BBALL - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

ONCE AGAIN, REG. SEASON FBALL GAME TRUMPS POST SEASON BBALL

Moderator: Football Moderators

ONCE AGAIN, REG. SEASON FBALL GAME TRUMPS POST SEASON BBALL

Postby DudeLaw » Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:10 am

Is Football great or what guys? I was in a sports lounge tonight and both the SOX/A's and the MNF game was on. The only time the restaurant got into the baseball game was when that horrific injury took place. But, that MNF game was one of the greatest games I have ever witnessed. FOOTBALL - AMERICA'S GAME!!

LET'S HEAR SOME PIGSKIN PRAISE!!!! ;-D
DudeLaw
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby AF » Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:12 am

Yeah watching the heroic effort from Manning and Harrison was WAY better than the weak ass effort the A's put up striking out looking TWICE with 2 runners in scoring position in the bottom of the 9th to end their season.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mack-avelli » Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:57 am

Watching baseballs just boring. "1-2 pitch to blah. AND A BREAKING BALL FOR THE STRIKE!! My goodness that was a great pitch".
mack-avelli

Friendliness: %

Postby awwchrist » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:09 am

yeah, too bad you missed a great game 5.

shame that people dismiss baseball so easily. Granted it has many problems at the moment, however there's a lot of baseball woven like a thread through our nation's history. It deserves the attention.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thelongestyard » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:21 am

awwchrist wrote:yeah, too bad you missed a great game 5.

shame that people dismiss baseball so easily. Granted it has many problems at the moment, however there's a lot of baseball woven like a thread through our nation's history. It deserves the attention.

Well stated. And yes....a great game 5. Hope to see more games like it during the postseason. Also definately looking forward to more great football throughout this season. ;-D
thelongestyard
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:10 am

i watched the football after the baseball game andenjoyedthe baseball game more....but i'm a redsox fan

Friendliness: %

Postby senseiosin » Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:13 am

Gimie a break, baseball sucks and everyone under the age of 19 knows it. When they become middle age mass consuming suckers like the rest of us, baseball will be in real trouble cause if you think fans are apathetic now, wait till we're dead or in diapers and see how much those generations care.... Baseball is a lame joke that you never get a punch line for, the concensus MVP Barry Bonds is a friggin roid head along with 75% of the league. Has anyone seen a pic of barry when he was a rookie back in the 80's. He was skinny and now he's built like a tank. No way thats just from lifting and high protein diets. ALthough this is the only postseason that is interesting with the Cubs and Sox, too bad the goddamn Yankee's are gonna walk away with it again this year. Naw, its all about NFL football and NCAA basketball for me, easily the two best sports seasons in the U.S. in my opinion. Salary cap, or no salaries at all are the way to go for the best competition.
The only thing we have to fear is.... another injured Denver RB!!!!!!!!
senseiosin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:31 am

It was great, especially since I have Marvin. And the Sox won!
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby JRRNeiklot » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:01 am

If the playoffs were on network television, then maybe they could compete with MNF.
JRRNeiklot
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:06 am

Jrrneiklot wrote:If the playoffs were on network television, then maybe they could compete with MNF.

Wasn't last night's game on FOX?

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk