Brown or Bell For the Rest of the Year - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brown or Bell For the Rest of the Year

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brown or Bell For the Rest of the Year?

Ronnie Brown
33%
Tatum Bell
67%

Total votes : 27

Brown or Bell For the Rest of the Year

Postby DocSlinky » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:45 am

Which would you rather have on your roster from here forward?
DocSlinky
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby loophole21 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:00 pm

Its clear that the Dolphins are having serious offensive problems, especially with the offensive line. The move to Harrington at QB may improve the situation slightly but Ronnie is still going to struggle. Bell on the other hand is in a great situation. He has solidified himself as the top RB in denver, and has produced well when featured as the number one back. I wouldn't be surprised if bell is a top 5 RB from here on out.
loophole21
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DC5SB » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:08 pm

Tatum Bell by FAR. Bell is so underrated its ridiculous. The guy can flat out play. The only reason he didn't start before was because of his size. They thought he wouldn't be able to last with his size. Fact is this, he is tough. Plus with the situation he is in in Denver, he most definately will succeed. Brown will in my opinion go for 1000yds this season but not too much more. Miami just can't put it together.
DC5SB
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 51)

Postby FatFoot » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:28 pm

That was easy.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby skinsfan » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:29 pm

Brown. Bottom line, Bell doesn't score, so the yardage difference is easily compensated. Also, Brown is good for 30+ receiving yards a game in most cases.

In my main league with very standard scoring (10yd=1pt,TD=6, no PPR) Bell is averaging 8 points per game to Brown's 11. Brown is the 9th ranked RB, between LT2 and Fred Taylor. Bell is the 33rd ranked back on the season, between Jamal Lewis and Lamont Jordan.

Granted Bell's played one less game, but I think it's clear he's purely a yardage back who will come out of the year with 1400 total yards and maybe 5 scores. I would take Ronnie Brown's 1000-1100 total yards (pessimistic yardage total) and 10 TD any day.
Last edited by skinsfan on Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:39 pm

skinsfan wrote:Brown. Bottom line, Bell doesn't score, so the yardage difference is easily compensated. Also, Brown is good for 30+ receiving yards a game in most cases.

Doesn't score or hasn't scored?

Tatum's had the featured back role for TWO games this season...against two tough defenses in NE and BAL...and ran 123 yards and 92 yards respectively.

If you truly think that the featured back in Denver will not score a single touchdown this season, you're nuts.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:58 pm

skinsfan wrote:Brown. Bottom line, Bell doesn't score, so the yardage difference is easily compensated. Also, Brown is good for 30+ receiving yards a game in most cases.

In my main league with very standard scoring (10yd=1pt,TD=6, no PPR) Bell is averaging 8 points per game to Brown's 11. Brown is the 9th ranked RB, between LT2 and Fred Taylor. Bell is the 33rd ranked back on the season, between Jamal Lewis and Lamont Jordan.

Granted Bell's played one less game, but I think it's clear he's purely a yardage back who will come out of the year with 1400 total yards and maybe 5 scores. I would take Ronnie Brown's 1000-1100 total yards (pessimistic yardage total) and 10 TD any day.

why would u factor in their averages so far and bell had to split his carries half his games
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Crippler » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:40 pm

I'm going with Brown. I'm just too leery of the Denver RB situation from the past. I play in mainly PPR leagues, and Brown has been performing fairly well in them because of all of his receptions.

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:40 pm

Looks like Tatum Bell is well on his way to be the leading rusher in the NFL this season. Can't believe it is finally happening. I guess it all WAS a ploy to motivate Tatum by Shannahan. I'll finally admit that I know NOTHING about Denver RBs.

Ps- See my Ron Dayne=top10 RB thread. ;-7
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk