PROTEST!!!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

PROTEST!!!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby thrillho » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:10 am

I lost in the same fashion last night.
I'm hoping Yahoo turns it over, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
What really burns me - Yahoo gave credit to both Tampa D and McCardell for the TD.
How can 2 'players' get credit for the same TD?
Doesn't make sense.
thrillho
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thrillho » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:13 am

Oh wait, I lied. They didn't give it to McCardell and Tampa's D, only to Tampa's D.
Oh man I'm so high.
thrillho
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Yahoo Scoring

Postby blueonion » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:27 am

This very exact thing came up a few years ago (in yahoo) and it created some tension, especially the way our league is set up.

We go total points for 16 weeks, winner take all ($2,000).

So we will not be sure if the Tampa Defensive score (courtesy of McCardell) will impact our league until week 16 arrives.

But this is what Yahoo told us a few years ago (recalled from memory) in not so many words...

"Because the Colts made the interception, they took control of the ball. At the time the Colts fumbled and McCardell recovered, McCardell is considered a defensive players and the touchdown goes to the Tampa Defense."

We then asked Yahoo if there was a way we could 'edit' the score, to better reflect how we would interpret the recovered fumble and touchdown. <b>The said no.</b>

Now this is not a big deal to our league because we go total points, <b>but teams that play head-to-head</b> who want to alter the the score, thus altering wins and loses...will really suffer at the end of the year when playoff seeding becomes an issue.

I would recommend to take the e-mail reply (from yahoo), post it on the message board and say what it is...is what it is.

We still use yahoo as our League Manager and because we consider it a big money league, we start every season with the disclaimer of...<b>"All scoring is decided by Yahoo and whatever Yahoo scores something, will be final. As fantasy football 'professionals', it is your responsibility to be familar with the rules."</b> This eliminates collusion from our league, allowing a team owner or team owners to say the outcome of the game.

The BlueOnion
blueonion
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Another Yahoo glitch....

Postby blueonion » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:40 am

<b> This is another very interesting Yahoo twist, two actually.</b>

As mentioned before, our league goes total points for 16 weeks. Well last year I won the league on the Monday Night game in week 16 by <b> 4 points</b>. The guy I beat had Terrell Owens (hurt) and had to make a move to fill a wide receiver spot for week 16. He dropped Pittsburgh's defense, started Tampa's defense and added a wide receiver. We only credit defenses with touchdowns and safeties scored (6 points or 2 points). I picked up his Pittsburgh's defense prior to Monday night and started them. Pittsburgh scored a defensive touchdown (courtesy Shawn King) and I won by 4 points!

<b>Anyways, here is the kicker</b>

I won by 4 points. Back in week 10, I was about 100 points out and I had started Tom Brady. Tom Brady went on to throw what we now have come to call <b>the 'Immaculate Completion'</b>, where Tom Brady threw a screen pass\lateral to Kevin Faulk which garnered me 1 point for 50 yards passing (Brady) and 4 points for a passing touchdown (Brady), for a total of 5 extra points.

<b>Yahoo's deadline for updating stats is Tuesday morning, the NFL deadline is Wednesday morning</b> So Tom Brady's extra 50 yards passing and extra touchdown pass never got updated for yahoo stats. To justify my win, I went back to the week 10 play-by-play for the Colts to show that Marvin had 100 yards receiving according to the NFL but Yahoo only credited him with 99 yards, the difference of 1 point in our league. This made our adjusted scores equal after 16 weeks in our league and I had tie breaker; so either way I won...but it was really tense!

The BlueOnion
blueonion
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:02 am

thrillho wrote:I lost in the same fashion last night.
I'm hoping Yahoo turns it over, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
What really burns me - Yahoo gave credit to both Tampa D and McCardell for the TD.
How can 2 'players' get credit for the same TD?
Doesn't make sense.

I think this happened to me. Both Tampa's D and McCardell got the TD. I have to look this up, cause I lost by four points. :-t
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby PimpMasterC » Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:52 pm

Did Tampa's D have one or two td's? Ronde Barber did return an INT for a TD if I remember correctly, maybe that's what the TD is for.
PimpMasterC
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 9er Fan » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:25 pm

If that is so, the "defensive TD", such as an INT returned for a TD, is really an Offensive TD, right?

Good point. I was in favor of Tampa D being awarded the TD until I read this sentence. After giving it some thought, Tampa D should get the fumble, but not the TD. McCardell should get credit for a TD, but no yardage.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk