Antrelle Rolle fined 12.5K for facemask.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Antrelle Rolle fined 12.5K for facemask....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby logan » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:27 pm

kingctb27 wrote:
skinsfan wrote:That's his second of the season. He was also fined for a horse-collar tackle earlier.

Antrelle Rolle = Dirty Player, pass it on.

Dirty player or not, I don't care. I like seeing that Nastiness in players. You can call it bad for the sport or whatever you want, but he's a great safety and is not scared to knock someone out cold.

I love it.

there is a big difference between hitting someone hard ,which i'm not adverse to even the qb, and another where ,intentionally or not, some guy trys to pull a players head of by the bars there to protect it.

i love a good hard hit but that was a finable offense and i agree he should have been suspended for atleat one game. espescially since it technically is his second offense this season. but then when a guy gets what ammounts to a slightly harder slap on the wrist for trying to stomp somone's face off i guess it's just status quo for the NFL.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Crippler » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:57 pm

kingctb27 wrote:
skinsfan wrote:That's his second of the season. He was also fined for a horse-collar tackle earlier.

Antrelle Rolle = Dirty Player, pass it on.

Dirty player or not, I don't care. I like seeing that Nastiness in players. You can call it bad for the sport or whatever you want, but he's a great safety and is not scared to knock someone out cold.

I love it.

Yeah, I'm sure you love to see it until that same player costs the team multiple 15 yard penalties and ends up losing a game for them.

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby bobbing_headz » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:33 pm

This fine is nothing. Should be more. Look what happened to Hayneworth. I know, it was way more serious but still, this was pretty bad.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:48 pm

I think for infractions like this, the money should be donated to a charity of the victims choice.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby ampant » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:00 pm

kingctb27 wrote:Dirty player or not, I don't care. I like seeing that Nastiness in players. You can call it bad for the sport or whatever you want, but he's a great safety and is not scared to knock someone out cold.

I love it.
That sucks . . . you swallow. :-t I can't believe you love to see a guy almost get his head twisted off. A suppose you think Haynesworth is a stud too . . . :-P Why not let the players use brass knuckles?

For Rolle, that fine is like a parking ticket. He could have paralyzed the man. :-t He should have been penalized a game, especially because this is his second offense this year. He jeapordized LJ's career as well as his life/ability to walk.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:37 pm

ampant wrote:
kingctb27 wrote:Dirty player or not, I don't care. I like seeing that Nastiness in players. You can call it bad for the sport or whatever you want, but he's a great safety and is not scared to knock someone out cold.

I love it.
That sucks . . . you swallow. :-t I can't believe you love to see a guy almost get his head twisted off. A suppose you think Haynesworth is a stud too . . . :-P Why not let the players use brass knuckles?

For Rolle, that fine is like a parking ticket. He could have paralyzed the man. :-t He should have been penalized a game, especially because this is his second offense this year. He jeapordized LJ's career as well as his life/ability to walk.

I agree, that was a dirty move by rolle and he deserves a much heftier fine. He could have seriously injured johnson, and it was obvious that he knew what he was doing when he grabbed the facemask.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby stomperrob » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:09 pm

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:
ampant wrote:

I love it.

I agree, that was a dirty move by rolle and he deserves a much heftier fine. He could have seriously injured johnson, and it was obvious that he knew what he was doing when he grabbed the facemask.

Agreed 100% ;-D ;-D ;-D
Anyone who thinks that has a place in football needs to give their head a shake (or maybe have Rolle do it for them) - if you think that's part of football you're watching the wrong sport - try changing channels and watching the roller derby instead, I'm sure you'll find it more to your liking.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Previous

Return to Football Talk