If the Draft Were Held Today... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

If the Draft Were Held Today...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby WHO DEY » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:53 am

Joeybagadonuts wrote:Also, no way Manning is better than Mcnabb at this point. Purely based on the offensive concept of each respective team. Mcnabb has combined for 14 tds and one Int. Is manning's name and skin color still going to keep him at the top of the list? (yes feel free to bash on that one)


Yes in fact, there's no way a black QB could ever be #1.....

Are you kidding me? Grow the hell up. Manning has been arguably the best QB in the league for the past 7 seasons. Sure at this point in the season McNabb has the better stats, but Manning is too consistent to pass on as the 1st QB selected. Here's some stats for you:

Manning: 8 full seasons
6 seasons with over 4100 yards
252 TD's

McNabb: 7 full seasons
Yet to reach 3900 yards in a season
145 TD's
WHO DEY
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 177
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Joeybagadonuts » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:58 am

Grow the hell up? out of line.
Joeybagadonuts
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1040
Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Brooklyn

Postby WHO DEY » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:09 am

Joeybagadonuts wrote:Grow the hell up? out of line.

But McNabb vs Peyton = race issue. Yeah.... that's in line.....
WHO DEY
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 177
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Joeybagadonuts » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:11 am

lets not hijack this thread, cause I think its a good one. Many people feel Mcnabb doesn't get the respect he deserves because of race. it's an opinion, not fact. There's no need to call me childish. If you have any personal problems with me PM me, otherwise lets let this thread continue.
Joeybagadonuts
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1040
Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Brooklyn

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:36 am

All I have to say is Damn you tiki!! :-[ :-b
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Image

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2348
Joined: 28 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Going for Two...

Postby maddog60 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:47 am

Joeybagadonuts wrote:Also, no way Manning is better than Mcnabb at this point. Purely based on the offensive concept of each respective team. Mcnabb has combined for 14 tds and one Int. Is manning's name and skin color still going to keep him at the top of the list? (yes feel free to bash on that one)


While I disagree with using the race issue, which has never ever come up in my years of playing fantasy football, I can't imagine the rational that someone could say if the draft were today they'd take Manning over McNabb.

McNabb isn't just outperforming Manning in fantasy football, he's blowing him away. ~39 point difference in 5 weeks! (standard scoring format) Hmm, I could take Manning, or I could take the QB that's currently averaging 8 more points, that's not a choice at all. McNabb has light up the fantasy world before, so its not like he's unproven at putting up elite numbers, and anybody who would take Manning over McNabb right now is clearly not paying attention. Just on the fact that you could trade McNabb for so much more he'd be drafted first.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby EagleFan68 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:59 pm

Crippler wrote:Top 5 RB:
1) LJ
2) LT
3) Portis
4) SJax
5) Rudi

Top 3 QB:
1) Manning
2) McNabb
3) Palmer

Top 3 WR:
1) Holt
2) Smith
3) Harrison

Top 3 TE:
1) Colston
2) Gates
3) Heap


I find it hysterical that you don't have Westbrook, who leads the league in TDs, in your top 5 RBs, but you have Colston on your TE list even though he is a WR.
[b]QB's [/b] E. MANNING / KITNA / CUTLER
[b]RBs[/b] R BROWN / WESTBROOK (R BUSH / MCGAHEE / L BETTS / D WILLIAMS )
[b]WRs[/b] ROY WILLIAMS / T OWENS / A JOHNSON / BERRIAN
[b]TE[/b] WITTEN / WATSON
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach


Posts: 1719
Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:30 pm

EagleFan68 wrote:
Crippler wrote:Top 5 RB:
1) LJ
2) LT
3) Portis
4) SJax
5) Rudi

Top 3 QB:
1) Manning
2) McNabb
3) Palmer

Top 3 WR:
1) Holt
2) Smith
3) Harrison

Top 3 TE:
1) Colston
2) Gates
3) Heap


I find it hysterical that you don't have Westbrook, who leads the league in TDs, in your top 5 RBs, but you have Colston on your TE list even though he is a WR.



I'd have Colston on my list too. Did you not have Soriano on your 2B rankings in baseball?

As for Westy, I know he's been lights out. But with his knee there's no way I take him top 10 in RBs.

And Gore not making every top ten list is a joke.

McNabb should be number 1 on every list. I say that and I hate him. Not because he's black, but because he's an eagle. But you can't ignore the numbers.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1599
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Up in Canada

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:01 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:McNabb should be number 1 on every list.


Peyton and Donovan should make up those top 2 spots, but it's appearing more and more what Edge meant to Peyton so I'd put McNabb at #1 as well.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Wrong Forum!

Postby WebHamster » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:31 pm

This thread has been eaten by the Webhamster. This typically happens to solitary posts that move too far away from their own kind. Please repost your question or issue in the appropriate forum where it can dwell among the herd of similar threads and where the mods will bravely protect it from the mean rodents. And please ... do not feed the Webhamster! Thank you.
Image
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

User avatar
Pick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10092
(Past Year: 204)
Joined: 15 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 2:12 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact