Chris Chambers?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chris Chambers??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chris Chambers??

Postby Bubba08 » Tue Aug 27, 2002 1:13 pm

I was reading everyones responses on Chambers and I was surprised. I didn't know he was that good. What level would you put him at with other receivers. I'm asking because I have Tim Brown and Joe Horn starting with Peerless Price on the bench. I can start 2 receivers and that's it. Would he be worth trading for? I have 4 solid running backs that I would be willing to trade for him Dillon, George, Edge, and Portis. I don't think he'd accept a trade for Portis and the other three I'm hesitant to trade for him.
Bubba08

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Tue Aug 27, 2002 1:31 pm

Stick with what you have - Chambers is indeed very good, but with Brown and Horn starting, Chambers isn't worth giving up a running back, especially if Price develops.

I'd rank Chambers in the Kevin Johnson/Johnnie Morton neighborhood.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Shade Shadowbane » Tue Aug 27, 2002 2:15 pm

Monitor Horn VERY closely... he is habitually a slow starter... about midway through the season he'll start picking up...

for the record, in my opinion... Chambers will be moving himself into a Tier 1 receiver this year... i.e. Expect him to be in the top 5 receivers next year...

SS
Shade Shadowbane
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby n_tremain23 » Tue Aug 27, 2002 2:48 pm

Yea,stick with what you got.Horn and Brown are both great receivers that i'm sure you won't have a problem with.Your RB's look very good and you definately don't want to get rid of one of them for a player that will sit on the bench.If you REALLY need to upgrade in any other positions,you might want to think about trading a RB,but that's only if the player your going to trade for is going to start on your team.
n_tremain23

Postby terpfan » Tue Aug 27, 2002 3:09 pm

no way u trade any of those three backs for chambers. he is good, id rank him a little higher than arlo, but lower than shade. hes top fifteen definately but after guys like horn, keyshawn, and tim brown.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby kashikis » Thu Aug 29, 2002 12:34 pm

id stick with what you have your very solid at both RB and WR so dont worry. i expect horn to move into the top 5 this year with the harrisons and bostons of the league. i love the depth at RB as well good job ;-D
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 29, 2002 2:41 pm

I have a couple words for you . . . Norv Turner. And he doesn't have Aikman and Irvin. He has Fiedler and Chambers. Look I know some people think Norv Turner knows offense. HE DOESN'T!!! I have been a skins fan for about 15 years now and have seen what he can do with mediocre talent. NOTHING!!!! You have a solid team right now all around. It will not stay that way with injuries. You need the depth at RB that you have now. There will be 5-10 receivers on the waiver wire by week 2 that will put up better numbers by the end of the season than Chambers. I'll give you one right now. Santana Moss. Moss will also be returning kicks. You don't need another WR right now but if you are itching for a quality #4 receiver get Moss of the Waiver wire. JAY FIEDLER STINKS BELIEVE ME!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK! ;-D

Friendliness: %

Return to Football Talk