Should Pats trade for Moss? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to New England Patriots

Should Pats trade for Moss?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Red Sox Nation » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:03 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Red Sox Nation wrote:I think it wouldn't be good. Moss is the type of person who is probably a personal stats "freak" and I don't mean that in a bad way, but I have a feeling, he's going to want a lot of passes towards him and long yardage ones. IMO, Brady isn't that type of QB that connects on long passes and I'm sure Moss wants that.

About Dillon, I'm not a huge fan of him. However, I would love a Dillon for Moss deal but Oakland already has Jordan as a running back.

Regarding the WR problem. Chad Jackson is a projected #1 WR for the Pats (whenever he's healthy again...), Gabriel would be #2 next season provided he stays in the Patriots organization. We do have a lot of all-position players such as Vrabel (those short TD passes), Troy Brown (any position but offensive line you name it), Faulk, etc, so that should help us in times of need. Not to mention Ben Watson who is an amazing TE and Graham too.

IMO, having different people to pass too is what the Patriots is all about- mixing the WR corps up and for Brady to pass to different players. Personally, I'd like Moss to go to NE via trade but I think that would hurt the Pats WR chemistry unless he stays for the rest of his career.

Dillon for Moss isn't even an option...not sure where you got that. It would also be pretty bad for Maroney if Dillon was gone. He'd have to be the #1 and take more carries than he's ready for. Dillon and Marone is also a perfect combo of power and speed.

Oops. I read somewhere about Dillon/Moss so I assumed it was a trade involving them. Idk. I highly doubt Oakland would deal Moss unless they got like a 1st rounder and a 3rd rounder or something like that.
New England Patriots :: 12-4
New Orleans Saints :: 10-6

[url=http://omgitspeter.googlepages.com/home]My Graphics[/url]

Red Sox Nation Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to New England Patriots