Madden Created Plays/Formations - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden Created Plays/Formations

Moderator: Football Moderators

Madden Created Plays/Formations

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:17 pm

Got some creative/useful plays or formations you created?

Post them here for all of us to see and benefit from.

I can't seem to get a play that works in a real game. Works fine in the practice, but they absolutely KILL me when I run it in a game. :-t
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thatonepoorkid » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:05 pm

Well i make a playbook based on a team. For example: I support the RBBC approch (outside of Fantasy Football lol) So lets say for the ... Saints. I will make a split back type formation that has both McAllister in aswell as reggie bush. Run plays designed for both i.g. Bush gets tosses to the out side and McAllister will get more of the hard yards up the middle. Also since both RBs can catch i may have 1 WR run a route with McAllister and Bush. Giving me 7 men up front any plenty of time to find an open man or even sneak it for a 4 or 5 yard gain. I dunno how much sense that makes.
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:10 pm

thatonepoorkid wrote:Well i make a playbook based on a team. For example: I support the RBBC approch (outside of Fantasy Football lol) So lets say for the ... Saints. I will make a split back type formation that has both McAllister in aswell as reggie bush. Run plays designed for both i.g. Bush gets tosses to the out side and McAllister will get more of the hard yards up the middle. Also since both RBs can catch i may have 1 WR run a route with McAllister and Bush. Giving me 7 men up front any plenty of time to find an open man or even sneak it for a 4 or 5 yard gain. I dunno how much sense that makes.

Makes perfect sense. ;-D
I ran a fantasy draft in franchise mode and have Willis McGahee, and Reggie Bush. So that will come in handy. What I have been doing is just have McGahee as my RB and line up Reggie as a WR.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:20 am

I like to use RBBC too if my team has 2 good RB's, but to do that I just put the power or bigger one in as the FB. (Ex. Dillon - FB Maroney - RB)
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby daullaz » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:42 am

I made a T formation, with RB1 directly behind the QB, RB2 directly to his left, and TE1 directly to his right. I run some good sweeps to the right with that one, and then throw in a quick pitch to the left RB when my opponent starts playing the sweep right. If I have a mobile QB, I also like to run a bootleg sneak with all three guys lead blocking.

I have another formation ("Stacked") that is basically the Strong formation with another TE lined up between the TE1 and FB. I run a play called HB Read where I can either cut inside for 6-8 yards or try to hit the corner for a big gain. I have a passing play in the formation called "Crosses" where the TE1 runs a diagonal route to the other side of the formation and the TE2 offset behind him runs a diagonal route toward the sideline. If he's not open, the RB ran a short flat route to his side for some easy yards.

I have an all passing formation ("Firepower") that has the RB lined up a few yards directly behind a WR on the strong side about parallel with the shotgun QB. There's a play that has that RB taking a step back and cutting across the field behind the line. Anyone trying to guard him usually gets caught up in the traffic, and I can dump it to that RB once he clears and pick up some yards.

When he creating plays, I found Out routes work the best, so I suggest using those to an extent. I have another called Safety Attack where one WR tries to split the safeties and the other runs a deep out underneath him. That's usually good for about 15 yards.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:04 am

daullaz wrote:I made a T formation, with RB1 directly behind the QB, RB2 directly to his left, and TE1 directly to his right. I run some good sweeps to the right with that one, and then throw in a quick pitch to the left RB when my opponent starts playing the sweep right. If I have a mobile QB, I also like to run a bootleg sneak with all three guys lead blocking.

I have another formation ("Stacked") that is basically the Strong formation with another TE lined up between the TE1 and FB. I run a play called HB Read where I can either cut inside for 6-8 yards or try to hit the corner for a big gain. I have a passing play in the formation called "Crosses" where the TE1 runs a diagonal route to the other side of the formation and the TE2 offset behind him runs a diagonal route toward the sideline. If he's not open, the RB ran a short flat route to his side for some easy yards.

I have an all passing formation ("Firepower") that has the RB lined up a few yards directly behind a WR on the strong side about parallel with the shotgun QB. There's a play that has that RB taking a step back and cutting across the field behind the line. Anyone trying to guard him usually gets caught up in the traffic, and I can dump it to that RB once he clears and pick up some yards.

When he creating plays, I found Out routes work the best, so I suggest using those to an extent. I have another called Safety Attack where one WR tries to split the safeties and the other runs a deep out underneath him. That's usually good for about 15 yards.

Good stuff amn, I'll have to try some of those.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:00 pm

Here is a very cool website where someone posted most of their created plays/playbooks. Not sure if its for 07 or what but tons and tons of ideas. Be sure to check it out:

http://monsterden.net/madden/
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:23 pm

GREAT FIND Bobbing_headz!

It is now favorited for me.

I know you already have a great sig, but if you want me to, I'll make you a new sig just for that find ;-D

If you do, just PM me with the player and what you want on it.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:06 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:GREAT FIND Bobbing_headz!

It is now favorited for me.

I know you already have a great sig, but if you want me to, I'll make you a new sig just for that find ;-D

If you do, just PM me with the player and what you want on it.

Glad I could help you out.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby thatonepoorkid » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:20 pm

can u use the created playbooks in franchise? i play it on xbox if that matters
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Video Games