Buy Lows - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Buy Lows

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby FatFoot » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:32 pm

I'm about to attempt a sell high on KJ for a buy low of SA this week. Probably gets rejected, but I'm crossing my fingers.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:42 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:Duece McAllister. This guy is being overlooked by everyone because of Bush, but he is getting healthier every week, and it's starting to show. I managed to trade Deuce today for Hass (my QB's are terrible..injured T. Green and Brett Favre), and I think it's a good deal. I see Hass mentioned as a buy low as well, and that's what I was hoping for.

:-° This one worked out for me!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Doughhead » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:07 pm

Chester Taylor. He hasn't hit paydirt much, so a lot of people are still on the fence with this guy. But he gets a lot of carries, runs behind a terrific o-line, and gets involved in the passing game too. With a little luck, we could be talking about him as first round material next year. Still, many don't see him as anything more than a mediocre #2. Don't hesitate, grab him after his bye this week while the buzz is low.
Doughhead
Doughhead
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby superslugger616 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:58 pm

tatum bell: top 5 back when carrying the full load
superslugger616
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

dont

Postby DbacksAllTheWay » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:04 pm

Donte Stallworth, when he comes back, look for him to light it up once again! ;-D
DbacksAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby stomperrob » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:15 pm

I grabbed Joe Horn off waivers early this morning after some frustrated owner dumped him the other day - figured his scoring drought couldn't last much longer! ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:54 pm

Chad Johnson hasn't been himself and neither has his QB. They'll probably come back to their usual selves eventually. You could probably grab Chris Chambers real cheap, even with the TD this weekend, if you believe Dolphins can learn to block. McGahee, Gore and Rudi all had bad games....
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby My team is injured » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:05 pm

DevilDriver wrote:Jamal Lewis

no, absolutely not in my book.. then again, I drafted him and just cut him this past week... in a PPR league with a bench size of only 4 and bye weeks here, I couldn't hold onto him any longer..

regardless, he has little value in most leagues IMO (even worse in PPR)... he can't run the ball anymore and doesn't catch the ball... mike anderson and musa smith look better when given the touches, and I expect to see them start getting more playing time after the bye... everyone (including jamal himself) says that lewis does better when he gets more touches but that is not the problem... you can give him 25 touches now and he'll be lucky to top 80, 85 yds..

oh, and for the person who said tatum bell... good luck trying to get him as a buy-low guy now.. most tatum owners don't seem to be budging much on moving him now
All of my analysis is based on PPR
My team is injured
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby jdsun1 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:51 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Chad Johnson hasn't been himself and neither has his QB. They'll probably come back to their usual selves eventually. You could probably grab Chris Chambers real cheap, even with the TD this weekend, if you believe Dolphins can learn to block. McGahee, Gore and Rudi all had bad games....

Gore did not have a bad game. When its all said and done he still had 5 yards per carry. Just because his team did bad doesnt mean he did.
jdsun1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:09 am

jdsun1 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Chad Johnson hasn't been himself and neither has his QB. They'll probably come back to their usual selves eventually. You could probably grab Chris Chambers real cheap, even with the TD this weekend, if you believe Dolphins can learn to block. McGahee, Gore and Rudi all had bad games....

Gore did not have a bad game. When its all said and done he still had 5 yards per carry. Just because his team did bad doesnt mean he did.

I hadn't noticed his receiving when I typed that. Still, by fantasy standards, he did not perform as an owner would like. He had a good NFL game, but not a good fantasy game.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk