Cardinals beat Bears on Monday night! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cardinals beat Bears on Monday night!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby pangbones » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:57 am

TheDiplomats wrote:I don't think you need to put Griese in there to play conservative. You just need to tell Grossman to stop chucking hail mary's down the field all game. Did anyone else feel like we were watching a game of a little kid playing Madden 07 with the Bears on offense?

They were down 20 points. They got out of their gameplan and Rex tried to make plays. He should have checked it down more yes, but I don't blame him for trying to make a play. They've been torching teams with the deep ball all year, so why would they stop now? :-? Thats a big reason why they're 6-0 right now. Berrian has tons of talent and speed. He can get behind most corners, and it stretches the defense, and opens up the run game.
pangbones
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moonhead » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:58 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:the fact of the matter is ron turner got extremely cocky and was the whole reason the bear almost lost this game.

7 possesions in the first half and they ran on first down once.
3 turnovers on 1st downs in the first half. it was disgusting.

turner got cocky by trying to come out and blow the cards out of the water, instead of playing ball control bears football. turner can thank that d for saving his hyde tonight.

exactly! am i the only one screaming for the bears to run the freaking football?
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby danleroi22 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:09 am

Bottom-line:

The Bears are the better overall team for sure.

The Cardinals won the offensive battle, but couldn't put the nail in the coffin (which was not Leniart's fault).

I think Matt Leinart showed flashes of brilliance, putting up over 200 yards and 2 TDs with no INTs vs. the Bears (and his fumble was the OL fault). His poise is AMAZING.

The Bears ultimately dominated on D and special teams, and Rex Grossman is thrilled his former teammate from the Swamp was able to bring back that PR for a TD. He saved Rex's butt.

FINAL: 24-23... but in all reality the Cardinals played the better football game... while the Bears are the better football team.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:41 am

I was at a bar in Illinois here. The place went nuts. It was amazing. Go Bears. ;-D ;-D
chadlincoln
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:30 am

danleroi22 wrote:Bottom-line:

The Cardinals won the offensive battle, but couldn't put the nail in the coffin (which was not Leniart's fault).

I think Matt Leinart showed flashes of brilliance, putting up over 200 yards and 2 TDs with no INTs vs. the Bears (and his fumble was the OL fault). His poise is AMAZING.

The Bears ultimately dominated on D and special teams, and Rex Grossman is thrilled his former teammate from the Swamp was able to bring back that PR for a TD. He saved Rex's butt.

FINAL: 24-23... but in all reality the Cardinals played the better football game... while the Bears are the better football team.

Yup that's what i thought. Did anyone catch that shot of him staring down urlacher as he went under center only to torch him on the play with 12 yd strike to boldin. that was sweet.

the bears can thank Rackers for this win.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:42 am

Redskins Win wrote:
danleroi22 wrote:Bottom-line:

Yup that's what i thought. Did anyone catch that shot of him staring down urlacher as he went under center only to torch him on the play with 12 yd strike to boldin. that was sweet.

the bears can thank Rackers for this win.

Rackers better clear off his mantle, he should be recieving a sh*t ton of thank you cards from Bears fans this week. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:43 am

anyone else think the cards can chalk up this loss to horrible play calling.

They couldnt run all game, yet how many times on 3rd and 6 or 7 did they try to run the ball. In the red zone, 2 times they ran on 3rd and had to settle for a field goal.

And then in the second half, they went into a conservitive shell and instead of trying to finish off the game and win, they just tried not to lose. Leinert was doing well in the first half, they should have let him loose again in the second half to do his thing.

Yeah, you can blame it on rackers missed FG, but the coaches for arizona should have done a better job of trying to put more points on the board, and then the FG wouldnt have been an issue.

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby u_fig_eater » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:58 am

J_rob_the_ Baller wrote:anyone else think the cards can chalk up this loss to horrible play calling.

They couldnt run all game, yet how many times on 3rd and 6 or 7 did they try to run the ball. In the red zone, 2 times they ran on 3rd and had to settle for a field goal.

And then in the second half, they went into a conservitive shell and instead of trying to finish off the game and win, they just tried not to lose. Leinert was doing well in the first half, they should have let him loose again in the second half to do his thing.

Yeah, you can blame it on rackers missed FG, but the coaches for arizona should have done a better job of trying to put more points on the board, and then the FG wouldnt have been an issue.

I heard Denny Green lost his mind at the postgame press conference. Man, I'd go crazy too. At least he's not coaching the raiders. Its just that their expectations were way out of control. Theyre not even close to the Rams or the Seahawks, and they never were.
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:00 am

u_fig_eater wrote:
J_rob_the_ Baller wrote:anyone else think the cards can chalk up this loss to horrible play calling.

I heard Denny Green lost his mind at the postgame press conference. Man, I'd go crazy too. At least he's not coaching the raiders. Its just that their expectations were way out of control. Theyre not even close to the Rams or the Seahawks, and they never were.

Denny was hilarious, you could see smoke coming out of his ears.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Humpback » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:04 am

I agree, the playcalling was terrible. Chicago has an awesome D, and they had 8 guys in the box most of the game. Arizona would put out 1 WR sometimes and run right into the middle of the 8 man front. Brilliant! Chicago had a tough time stopping the pass, I don't know why they didn't stay with it more. Get Edge the ball on some sweeps and screens! No one's going to run through 8 of the toughest defensive players in the game. Edge should've had 6 catches this game instead of all those carries. Brutal.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk