Gary Pinkel is an Idiot! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Gary Pinkel is an Idiot!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Gary Pinkel is an Idiot!

Postby knapplc » Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:23 pm

Missouri is 6-0 and trying to win the Big XII North for the first time ever (I believe :-? ). Missouri is moving the ball pretty well against A&M but A&M is dominating time of possession by like 20 minutes, 33m to 13m.

Missouri has the ball 4th & Goal at the A&M five yard line and Missouri lines up for the field goal. It's a tough angle so they take the five-yard penalty and back it up to make the angle easier.

Then they FAKE IT and try to run it in! From five yards further out! 8-o 8-o 8-o 8-o

Are you kidding me? What kind of asinine call is that?

Gary Pinkel, you may recall, is the same idiot coach who pretty much ruined Brad Smith's college career by taking a Vince Young-type QB and trying to make him a pocket passer. It didn't work and Mizzou had a crappy season two years ago.

I ask you - why is this man coaching a major college program??

Mizzou might still win this game - they're only down six with about 11 minutes to play. But if the game comes down to where Missouri needs a TD to win, Pinkel should take a ton of heat for this boneheaded call.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ShoelessJoe » Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:31 pm

I like the idea of taking a penalty to make it look like you're lining up the kick better and then faking it. However, I suppose a fake pass would have been a better idea.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:00 pm

I didnt agree with the call at the time either but im not going to complain. Mizzou was the better team this week they just pissed the game away. They are going to be a tough team to beat.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:45 pm

Post Script to this - yes, Missouri lost to A&M.

And yes, Pinkel is an idiot.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to College Football