Toss Up: Ronnie Brown vs. Chester Taylor - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Toss Up: Ronnie Brown vs. Chester Taylor

Moderator: Football Moderators

Toss Up: Ronnie Brown vs. Chester Taylor

Postby Favre.com » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:06 pm

Ronnie Brown is getting many targets in the passing game, and is the only real option on the goaline. With a poor B he may get more carries as the game continues. His O-Line is horrid however.

On the other hand, Chester has never been the feature back, can he hold up? Will he keep getting all these carries? Will he stay a part of the passing game? He has the best left side in recent memmory, but will he start getting into the endzone or just pile up yardage and sit when MIN is in the redzone?

Where do you stand?
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:23 pm

Taylor is the better back here. Miami's offense is gonna be brutal with Harrington a QB. Taylor should see many more redzone opportunities.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby beezer » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:54 am

Tough call but I think Taylor will be the better back for the rest of this season. Taylor will get his TD's eventually, plus he gets a lot of receptions, making him very valuable IMO.
14 team PPR

QB - Pryor
RB - L. Bell, Wilson, J. Bell, D. Brown
WR - AJ Green, D. Jackson, Amendola, M. Brown, DHB, Beasley, L. Moore
TE - H. Miller
K - Forbath
D - Chiefs, Bears
beezer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 119)

Postby Doughhead » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:05 pm

I like Chester. He gets the rock a lot--something that can't be said for Brown. His TD numbers may be disappointing, as Minny has had trouble converting in the red zone, but I'd still take him and his outstanding o-line over the train wreck that's going on in Miami.

Brown reminds me a lot of what I endured last year with Kevin Jones--very talented back coming off modest success and everyone (including me) was expecting a big breakout. I waited all of last year for KJ to get going and it never happened. I think the same thing is going on with Brown. Sell him now while people still remember him as a first round pick. I did a couple of weeks ago and haven't looked back.

Meantime, Chester is still a big part of my team. I think in FF, the quality of the o-line is the primary deciding factor in the success of the back (not an earth-shattering statement, perhaps, but something that gets overlooked at times, especially when big name backs are involved).
Doughhead
Doughhead
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk