McNabb or Manning from here on out? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

McNabb or Manning from here on out?

Moderator: Football Moderators

McNabb or Manning from here on out?

Postby Dunbar2000 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:31 pm

I am a Manning owner, and am really thinking that it makes sense to go for McNabb. Defenses seem to be keying on just stopping the pass and daring Indi to run. This has happened in the past, but without Edge the Colts arent running like they used to.

While Im SURE Manning will still be a top 3 QB, does McNabb-CONSIDERING HOW EAGLES NEVER almost try to run TDs make more sens efrom now on? Is he the #1 QB allt he way. Im inclined to say yes.
He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security.
-Ben Franklin

Should be applied to our current global situation and fantasy football as well.
Dunbar2000
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jjigglers » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:13 pm

theres a forum for this..
jjigglers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MEK4178 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:38 am

Dude, if you have Mannning, why even worry? There is basically no point in trying to go for McNabb, you have potentially the best QB in the league, at worst top 3. You're fine, you do not need an upgrade in any way.
MEK4178
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dunbar2000 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:46 am

Football leftovers
Fantasy sleepers, strategy, rumors and advice, as well as talk about the NFL itself... anything that doesn't fit one of the other categories has a home here!

I mentioned my situation, but discussing Manning or McNabb from here on out seems to fit this forum. I have seen a multitude of people in their posts here mentioned i have him, or wanted to trade for him....so I dont quite see how my post is any different.

so aside from that useless comment, I could have entitled this COLTS OFFENSIVE PROBLEMS, will the Colts offense get it back together to the point they are producing like the Eagles O, or the level they usually produce at.
He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security.
-Ben Franklin

Dunbar2000
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cyclone177 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:55 pm

Nice signature with the ben Fraklin quote. Couldn't be any truer with the passage of HR 6166 last week. Very scary. Anyway, I like McNabb, he has been unstoppable this season. Yesterday, there were SEVERAL dropped passes that should have been caught. That would have put him over 300 yds easily, and giving him another huge week points wise.
Cyclone177
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slowride » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:04 pm

Mcnabb's schedule has been fairly soft up to this point. It will be tougher from here on out than Manning's remaining schedule. Plus in weeks 15-17 Manning plays cinci, houston, miami; while Mcnabb plays Giants, Dallas, Atlanta.

In other words stick with Manning.
slowride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:56 pm

i concur with just keeping what you have.

It needs to be said, that while the eagles schedule in general is tough from a w/l perspective, for donovan specifically, I think the degree of difficulty is a tad overrated.

He has two against skins, who are getting lit up with the big play.
Indy, Tennessee, Giants where none of them have some big bad imposing pass defense.

Tampa could or could not be tough, but that d ain't what it used to be.

Yes, donovan's schedule gets harder, but on the other hand, its not as if he hasn't always been pretty good, and it seems like the eagles weapons are a bit better than they have been in years past.

But you paid a premium for manning, and he is a damn good option who could catch up (he had his bye, donovan has not). All you are doing is locking in the "value" the other owner has received from donovan. Because unless that owner is skittish and would take a straight up trade, you would have to sweeten it a bit. At least if I had donovan, I'd want something else, after all, you approached me...
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dunbar2000 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:28 pm

Well I have McNabb now (made the deal) and I'd have to say Im happy with it. The one thing no one has addressed is problems Colts are having passing it deep. They are winning still also, so there is no reason for them to change anythign and try and beat the strong deep coverage. Manning will still be consistent, but better than McNabb? I doubt it. #2, yes.

Furthermore, I agree with the points about the Phily schedule being weaker than it looks. Also, the dropped passes, interference calls, etc that lowered McNabb's totals were ridiculous yesterday so I think his sub 30 score of 22 pts :) will be a thing of the past. The Reggie Brown TD was a shocker as well, running it in! How dare they.

To Cyclone, I just reread some of HR 6166, just so sad. I am a patriotic and passionate American who teaches history, but it gets more and more difficult each passing day to justify teaching that we are a constitutional democratic republic. Very sad.
-Ben Franklin

Dunbar2000
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk