Whats up with the Raiders? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Oakland Raiders

Whats up with the Raiders?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Whats up with the Raiders?

Postby steelyeri » Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:51 pm

What do you guys think their problem is? age, coach , maybe their hearts arent in it. What ever it is, they've got problems. I think their biggest problem (atleast on offense) is that callahan refuses to run the ball. He's got a good RB back there in Garner but he doesnt get very many carries. Last game he got 92yds with only 15 carries. I think defenses arent afraid of the run and can stay in pass D all day long. making it harder for Gannon. I think they need to establish the run (for a start) :~(

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SinCity » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:01 am

I blame there coaches, scheme, and the o-line. Few players and coaches seem to be doing there jobs well on that team. There are only 2 missed FG's from being 0-5.
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Orange and Blue » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:48 am

Coaches and their failure to adapt. They do what worked last year, but everyone knows how to beat it now, so they're just playing old and predictable.
CP:TD::Sanders:Smith
Orange and Blue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Homeless » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:28 pm

Have to add, super bowl hangover and age to the list.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Orange and Blue » Sat Oct 11, 2003 4:22 pm

Homeless wrote:Have to add, super bowl hangover and age to the list.

I don't buy either of those excuses, personally. Rice and Brown have both proven that they can still produce, and Gannon is far from old for a quarterback. Even if he was, his production would not have dropped as much as it has due to 6 months of aging. If anything, he should be playing better than at the end of last year because of time to recover. I also don't buy the fact that they're lacking Porter to stretch the field, because Garner is every bit as good at it as Porter is, and they seem to have forgotten he almost passed 1000 yards receiving. As for the superbowl hangover... I just think that's BS. They've shown repeatedly that they have the tools necessary to win, they have just been misused. I place their failure to produce almost entirely on the shoulders of the coaches.
CP:TD::Sanders:Smith
Orange and Blue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Oakland Raiders