Travis Henry - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Travis Henry

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby skinsfan » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:11 am

I still don't understand why he lost his job in Buffalo. Bills could've done much better with their 23rd pick that year, as Henry had been playing fine. Good to see a quality back get another shot.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:34 am

skinsfan wrote:I still don't understand why he lost his job in Buffalo. Bills could've done much better with their 23rd pick that year, as Henry had been playing fine. Good to see a quality back get another shot.

I think he lost his job with the Bills becuase he was due a contract and they didn't want to spend the money on he and McGahee. I would think that Henry needs another big game to really boost his trade value. He does play Houston next, and they have been run on. Then the sched gets much tougher for Travis. So I wouldn't wait too long to trade him.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:36 am

sell high, sell high, sell high...

i took advantage of it, and came away nicely, he is productive, and at the very least chris brown is out of the picture, but i still expect lendale to start after this bye or no later then week 10, so im holding lendale as a sleeper and waiting for that because someone else will hold him on their bench...

not that i dont think henry can keep it up, i dont think he will be good down the playoff run, id much rather trade him for a back who is a buy low right now that i know is consistent and keep his job all year....

especially as a package, with henry thrown in it could mean alot in return, i got derrick mason straight up, d mason isnt even starting for me so i can wait for something
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

?

Postby wolffish » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:37 am

What kind of WRs do you think I can get for Henry.....the likes of glenn, toomer....????
wolffish
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:06 pm

Looks like Chris Brown is pretty much out of the picture, now that Travis Henry just had his second solid game in a row. Looks like it's been Brown and Henry back and forth for the starting spot and Lendale White has the backup for pretty much the entire season. The only reason Chris Brown was even active on Sunday was because Lendale had the flu. Pretty evident with the renewed trade talks last week and the fact that Henry got THIRTY TWO carries to Brown's THREE last week. First few games it was all Chris Brown, but it now looks like Henry has won the job with 2 solid games. Look for Chris Brown to be traded before the deadline?

Week 1: Brown, Henry
Week 2: Brown, Lendale
Week 3: Henry, Lendale
Week 4: Brown, Lendale
Week 5: Henry, Lendale
Week 6: Henry, Brown

It's a two horse race between Henry and Lendale at this point IMO, and Lendale has been Cedric Benson-esque thus far. Incidents, injuries, "flu-like" symptoms this week. What is next? Henry looks like a solid #2 RB at this point, especially the way Tennessee has been feeding him the rock. The only real drawback is that you would ASSUME Lendale will get the nod later in the season because he is "the future". I don't know, but I would sure love to have Henry on my team right now, if I'm hurting at RB.

....Travis Henry was once a top10 RB on a bad Buffalo Bill's team.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby tomkatt » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:11 pm

I loved Henry this week. I traded for Ahman Green (bye week), so I needed a RB to start with LT2. Henry was on our waiver wire cuz the guy dropped him to pick up Jones-Drew a couple weeks ago. I grabbed Henry, plugged him in, and holy cow! I was hoping for about 50 yards and a short TD. Got a lot more yards -lol.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bigGAME101 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:02 pm

Check out the avtar. I've been waiting 2 years for this thread to finally come around. Boo-ya!!

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Bada_bing1980 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:30 pm

I got Dallas D out of it, so I'm happy. Travis will go down and Lendale will start
Bada_bing1980
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:38 pm

well i traded henry and i picked up lendale, henry wouldnt start over my top 3 backs gore, bell, or maroney, and i dont want to keep him around for later and he loses his job, so i sold high and got a WR out the deal, and ill just sit lendale for late in the year, hoping he does well when he gets the job
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Previous

Return to Football Talk