Sell High! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sell High!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby matmat » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:13 pm

theimitator wrote:
matmat wrote:i have a problem with selling high... i can't count very well when I am in that state so I often get short-changed.

what if you're selling imaginary pizza?

now you're talking!!!

hmmm.... pizza.

heh. not really a sell high, but if you can get Stephen Alexander and a top tier wideout for LT, that might be a good idea.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby onnestabe » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:29 pm

matmat wrote:
theimitator wrote:
matmat wrote:i have a problem with selling high... i can't count very well when I am in that state so I often get short-changed.

what if you're selling imaginary pizza?

now you're talking!!!

hmmm.... pizza.

heh. not really a sell high, but if you can get Stephen Alexander and a top tier wideout for LT, that might be a good idea.

I think Stephen Alexander and a WR is not enough for LT. Now, Shaun Alexander and a WR, that might work. :-b
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:37 pm

mcnabb won't keep up the pace, but its not really a typical "sell high."

I mean there was a mosntrous non call with baskett downfield that would have added a nice big chunk of yardage and a few drops that were completely not his fault. I think Donovan didn't look as good as usual yeasterday, but when your worst game is 240 and two td's, that's pretty damn good. I didn't see anything the saints did that particualrly stopped him. more like the fat man stopping him by refusing to call the intermedia routes and adjust.

I still see him as appraoching 4k and having mid thirties in total td's.

BTw, brown has really only had one "bad" fantasy game. He has scored in 4 of 6 games, and in a non-scoring game had a 100 yards.

Everyone but the eleite wr's are inconsistent, and even sometimes them. A WR isn't going to score every game, and brown is looking better and better lately.

But if you can get a lot of nice pieces to make your overall squad better and diversify, I think you have to do it.

But frankly, other than jacksonville, dallas, and atlanta/carolina, I don't really see a defense that is that scary for donovan specifically. Skins and Giants secondary have been shredded at various places, the Indy game figures to be a shootout. And I think he will have a good game at one of the four "hard ones". Plus there is a game against Tennessee in there. Skins i believe have the highest amount of "big plays" against them, and the eagles are on of the biggest "big play" teams. I don't see how they present some sort of scary matchup.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:53 pm

I see McNabb around 4500 yards and 35 TDs passing...in addition to 1000 yards rushing and 10 TDs.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ampant » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:00 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:I see McNabb around 4500 yards and 35 TDs passing...in addition to 1000 yards rushing and 10 TDs.
. . . and 7 field goals and the league net punt yardage record . . . and the Nobel prize.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby nebula » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:16 pm

eaglesrule wrote:mcnabb won't keep up the pace, but its not really a typical "sell high."

I mean there was a mosntrous non call with baskett downfield that would have added a nice big chunk of yardage and a few drops that were completely not his fault. I think Donovan didn't look as good as usual yeasterday, but when your worst game is 240 and two td's, that's pretty damn good. I didn't see anything the saints did that particualrly stopped him. more like the fat man stopping him by refusing to call the intermedia routes and adjust.

BTw, brown has really only had one "bad" fantasy game. He has scored in 4 of 6 games, and in a non-scoring game had a 100 yards.

Everyone but the eleite wr's are inconsistent, and even sometimes them. A WR isn't going to score every game, and brown is looking better and better lately.

But if you can get a lot of nice pieces to make your overall squad better and diversify, I think you have to do it.

But frankly, other than jacksonville, dallas, and atlanta/carolina, I don't really see a defense that is that scary for donovan specifically. Skins and Giants secondary have been shredded at various places, the Indy game figures to be a shootout. And I think he will have a good game at one of the four "hard ones". Plus there is a game against Tennessee in there. Skins i believe have the highest amount of "big plays" against them, and the eagles are on of the biggest "big play" teams. I don't see how they present some sort of scary matchup.

It's just that there division games. I know that I'm cherry picking data here but; two weeks ago Dal put up 45 points on Ten, then the next week Ind put up 14. Same with Oak vs Den last night.

I know I over looked Sea vs Stl, but Stl vs Arz was 16 to 14.

Anyway thats what I was say'n.
Keepers League:
P Manning, J Flacco
LT2, C Portis, T Hightower, S Greene, D Brown
M Colston, Q, D Jax, MSW, B Tate, M Wallace,
J Carlson, D Keller
N Keding
Chi
nebula
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby theimitator » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:24 pm

ampant wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:I see McNabb around 4500 yards and 35 TDs passing...in addition to 1000 yards rushing and 10 TDs.
. . . and 7 field goals and the league net punt yardage record . . . and the Nobel prize.

Have you read his novel? Wonderful stuff.
14 Team w/FLX .5PPR
The Porkchop Express
QB: Carson Palmer, Vince Young
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Matt Forte, Reggie Bush, Tim Hightower
WR: Greg Jennings, Anquan Boldin, Terrell Owens, Jabar Gaffney
TE: John Carlson, Ben Watson
PK: R Gould
TD: NO, TB
theimitator
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby matmat » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:28 pm

onnestabe wrote:
I think Stephen Alexander and a WR is not enough for LT. Now, Shaun Alexander and a WR, that might work. :-b

Read what I *mean* not what I *write*, dangit. =)

i meant shaun
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:08 pm

Retet wrote:Sell High: Chad Johnson.

I know it sounds counter intuitive, but I'm starting to think that now is a good time to "sell high" on Chad Johnson. Housh has been the superior (and favored) receiver on that team ALL YEAR -- it's not like CJ has had just "one bad game." And I see no indication that the trend to Housh is going to reverse.

CJ's near 100 yard game may have people thinking that he's on track to be the great WR that we all expected this year. Pair that with his name recognition, and I say it might be time to sell CJ while you can.

But from where I sit, it looks like Housh is the best WR on the Bengals this year.

ive tried to tell people for the past week or so, plus palmer looks bad in the pocket after his knee injury, pocket presence is off, their o line isnt working well, and he has been looking for TJ, housh probably will have better numbers, i dont see chad getting 1400 yds and 10 td's again
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:09 pm

nebula wrote:
eaglesrule wrote:mcnabb won't keep up the pace, but its not really a typical "sell high."

It's just that there division games. I know that I'm cherry picking data here but; two weeks ago Dal put up 45 points on Ten, then the next week Ind put up 14. Same with Oak vs Den last night.

I know I over looked Sea vs Stl, but Stl vs Arz was 16 to 14.

Anyway thats what I was say'n.

I hear you. But maybe I'm in the wrong here, but sometimes I think division stuff is "overrated." And by that, I do not mean unimportant. I mean that at some point the team approaches and player skills trump that.

Division games or not, Dallas and new York didn't stop Donovan, I really don't see the Skins doing so if those teams couldn't, given how that team seems to be in meltdown all of the sudden. And if you want to say "divison games"--the eagles still have a home date with the skins. so if I gave you one mor e"hard game" so be it.

I don't think what you are saying isn't a conisderation, but its awfully hard to quantify emotion and intangibles. From where I sit, if the Eagles passed over the other two STRONGER divsional teams, and looking at how the Skins seem to be getting shredded on defense, (troy vincent ain't gonna help that much), the facts lead me to think that it won't be that big of a deal.

could be wrong though.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk