TO = 3 TDs !!! Will it last??? Or a mirage? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

TO = 3 TDs !!! Will it last??? Or a mirage?

Moderator: Football Moderators

TO = 3 TDs !!! Will it last??? Or a mirage?

Postby Twisted Sister » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:17 pm

Ok, TO seems to get 3 TD passes... and that last TD pass was very unexpected (at what point do you bench your starters???).

A sign of improvements or just a good game against a lousy team? What's everyone's confidence in TO?
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:40 pm

his total yards were pretty low, and it was houston.

but the guy is good, no one doubts that...
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:49 pm

I think it was in si's fantasy projections that I was reading that they thought that since it was Houston they were playing (easy defense), that they would try to force feed Owens the ball in the red zone to pacify him for a week. Looks like that was pretty good forcasting.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby killiansjmd » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:53 pm

TO has been trageted more than any other Cowboy going into todays game. Today he and Blesoe were able to connect down in the red zone which led to the 3 TD's. The more he and Bledsoe get comfortable with each other the more productive he will be.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby superslugger616 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:09 pm

i hate T.O
superslugger616
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

t.o

Postby DbacksAllTheWay » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:42 pm

I think this wasn't a fluke, T.O. will get what he wants and he proved the team can win when the ball is going to his hands more than any other receivers. While 3 TD games may not come often, 100 yards and a TD every game aren't out of the question IMO.
DbacksAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby theimitator » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:31 pm

superslugger616 wrote:i hate T.O

How insightful.

I think it's a sign of things to come. He is a high quality receiver, and especially when motivated. People think he's a big baby because he needs extra attention (I ain't sayin that ain't so!), but a good manager will do things like throw to their star player in the redzone to make him feel involved. Did you see how excited he was after he scored three TDs? The coaching staff and Bledsoe will see to it TO gets his looks.
14 Team w/FLX .5PPR
The Porkchop Express
QB: Carson Palmer, Vince Young
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Matt Forte, Reggie Bush, Tim Hightower
WR: Greg Jennings, Anquan Boldin, Terrell Owens, Jabar Gaffney
TE: John Carlson, Ben Watson
PK: R Gould
TD: NO, TB
theimitator
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:47 pm

I have a feeling it will be a sign of things to come...short term. Eventually Bledsoe's legs will fall off and TO won't be happy. He wasn't happy with Donovan and Drew's no Donovan. I'd sell him high. A couple more blow ups and the wheels come off.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

t.o.

Postby DbacksAllTheWay » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:23 pm

Even if Bledsoe does lose his job and Romo comes in, TO will still be a top 5 WR. There is no way you should sell TO high, unless you can get somebody like a Torry Holt or Steve Smith for him. I am expecting big things out of TO the rest of the year. Even if he does blow up some more, there is no way the Cowboys will bench him, he is a huge part of this team, either as a decoy or as a receiver catching a ton of passes. It was a completely different situation in Philly, they were already having the wheels fall off their season and TO was demanding more money, not the situation here. Also, Philly had a strong QB in McNabb who could always create with no-name receivers, the same definitely can't be said for Bledsoe.
DbacksAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Gregm5021 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:25 pm

Do you people forget how much talent he has. I mean when T.O. is good and happy hes really good but when T.O. aint happy aint nobody happy. But its not like they told bledsoe to to only throw T.O. in the redzone all of those catches really showcased the true talent of T.O.
Gregm5021
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk