TO = 3 TDs !!! Will it last??? Or a mirage? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

TO = 3 TDs !!! Will it last??? Or a mirage?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:26 pm

TO has great ability...there's no question of that. Considering the opponent that they were faced with (and their worst in the league defense), I'd say this was just a good player destroying a crappy defense.

The tough times will come when they play better pass defenses. So as to the question...it's a mirage until they play another bad pass defense. Bledsoe can't handle pressure D's that collapse the pocket quickly, but then again, what QB really can? :-?
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:17 am

Mercer Boy wrote:The tough times will come when they play better pass defenses. So as to the question...it's a mirage until they play another bad pass defense. Bledsoe can't handle pressure D's that collapse the pocket quickly, but then again, what QB really can? :-?

True, but Bledsoe seems to fare worse than other, more mobile QBs. When Bledsoe is harried or rushed, he falls into Kurt Warner turnover territory.

Dallas has a potential rough stretch coming up. Giants, Panthers, and Washington before meeting the Cardinals. The real question then becomes, will 3 TDs be enough to placate TO if Bledsoe can't get him the ball for 3 consecutive weeks?
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:12 am

Happycat was pleased with TO's performance. Happycat thinks this is the level that TO is capable of. Sure, it was the Texans, but TO is a top notch WR and will continue to destroy bad defenses like them.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby knapplc » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:56 am

One game, one bad defense. We've seen the gamut of the Cowboys now - bad to OK against good teams, OK to pretty good against weak teams.

It'll be pretty easy to predict what happens from here on out based on their matchups. When they can get TO the ball against weak defenses they'll look in his direction ad nauseum. When it's a tough D they'll still look, but with Bledsoe being Bledsoe those looks will be ineffective and TO will pout.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:58 am

I think it's a trend...3 TDs per game for the rest of the season.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ChurchH8er » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:22 am

I'm still not convinced T.O. is gonna throw up "T.O." numbers consistantly.

The Cowboys were playing a terrible defense and that defense had their best corner (Dunta) on T. Glenn. I mean, I know Glenn has been the more consistant receiver for them over the past weeks but still... T.O. is T.O.

I still believe Bledsoe is the problem. He and Owens don't click.

I see no reason to doubt Glenn will remain the best receiver (fantasy-wise at least) on the team for the near future.
ChurchH8er
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:37 am

ChurchH8er wrote:I'm still not convinced T.O. is gonna throw up "T.O." numbers consistantly.

The Cowboys were playing a terrible defense and that defense had their best corner (Dunta) on T. Glenn. I mean, I know Glenn has been the more consistant receiver for them over the past weeks but still... T.O. is T.O.

I still believe Bledsoe is the problem. He and Owens don't click.

I see no reason to doubt Glenn will remain the best receiver (fantasy-wise at least) on the team for the near future.

I don't think TO will ever "click" with a QB. He has this strange habit of throwing them underneath the bus while on camera. Kinda odd thing to do since WRs are nothing without a QB to throw it to them.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:38 am

TO is my sell high of the week, get what you can, he's worth top dollar now...id much rather have a torry holt type wr then a TO, im sure it could be pulled off, even roy williams....

glenn will be the best wr the cowboys have all year, all that attention TO causes on the field leaves glenn wide open sometimes, if and you notice, dallas starts out looking for glenn, and works TO in later, id started glenn since week 1 and have been consistently over 5 points a week
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby ChurchH8er » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:53 am

beanoX3 wrote:I don't think TO will ever "click" with a QB. He has this strange habit of throwing them underneath the bus while on camera. Kinda odd thing to do since WRs are nothing without a QB to throw it to them.

True.

Can you imagine T.O.s potential if he had a QB with balls enough to bitch-slap him a few times and keep him in line?

Peyton Manning comes to mind. I personally don't care for Manning, but there is no mistaking who is in charge of the Colts offense.
ChurchH8er
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:05 am

beanoX3 wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:
Dallas has a potential rough stretch coming up. Giants, Panthers, and Washington before meeting the Cardinals.

Actually, the Giants have a terrible pass defense... and Owens has simply owned them over the years. Washington just lost to the Titans... and he Panthers Def is a shadow of itself...

To me, the "sell high," if ever, is after TO puts up the points against the Giants (Monday Night). TO's is still undervalued because every owner knows he just played the Texans.

TO for Holt? :-? I don't think there is an owner out there that would pull that trade... TO did well, but Holt EXPLODED and has at least TD each week. Not to mention Holt is the #1 targeted WR.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk