KEVIN JONES A TOP PRODUCER WHEN DONE? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

KEVIN JONES A TOP PRODUCER WHEN DONE?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ampant » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:27 pm

I drafted him in the 3rd round, hoping for something like this. I have to admit, I certainly did not expect this sort of performance from him this weekend. With his depleted offensive line. I was starting him and tatum and the results were exactly the opposite of what I was expecting. (Thought Tatum would be monster and KJ would be average).

I was pleasantly surprised. He helped keep me undefeated facing a team with LT this week. I think I'll keep him for a bit, since his good matchup weeks complement my other backs.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby V-unit » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:16 am

K.jones is just too inconsitant bottom line and i would hate to deal with that all year.In ppr league its a different story.
Starting Linup for 2007
QB:M.Schaub*,J.Cambell,J.Dellhomme(IR)
RB:L.Tomlinson*,Rudi Johnson*,E.Grahm,C.WIlliams(IR)
WR:S.Smith*,Roy Williams*,G.Jennings,N.Burleson
WR/TE:A.Gates*,D.Clark
K:S.M.Grokaswkie NE K*,S.Grahm
D:SD*,Tennesee
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby LJ's Crush » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:24 am

you have to know when to play him start him when its a weak tema not against a strong one
LJ's Crush
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Re: KEVIN JONES A TOP PRODUCER WHEN DONE?

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:40 am

kemper5 wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:The problem is he's extremely lacking in the consistency department. It's 20pts or 2pts from him.

Umm in my league he has not done that this year. In 3 of the last 4 weeks he has scored 23,26,28, and if he was not knocked out last week he most likly would have scored 15-18+.. He ended up getting 10 points for me when he went down with the concussion. Again Im in a PPR league and he is GOLDEN ;-D

That's part of the problem. How many times has KJ gotten hurt in the 1st half of games in his short career? As someone that's owned him twice I can tell you it's quite a few.

I admittedly wasn't talking about PPR leagues where perhaps it's a different story. But even still you have to change your standards in PPR. If you're getting 1 ppr then 10 points is not a good score.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Re: KEVIN JONES A TOP PRODUCER WHEN DONE?

Postby My team is injured » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:56 am

Free Bagel wrote:I admittedly wasn't talking about PPR leagues where perhaps it's a different story. But even still you have to change your standards in PPR. If you're getting 1 ppr then 10 points is not a good score.

10 pts may not be a good score but it's not exactly a bad score either, especially for a RB's low scoring weeks... KJ so far has either hit big (20 plus 3 times) or put up about 10 pts (3 times)... I'll take that in a heartbeat for my RB2 and would even take those #s as a low-end RB1 option... right now he's providing a great upside and a respectable floor for his down weeks... only a handful of RBs, maybe 10, have been as consistent as KJ at putting up decent numbers so far...
All of my analysis is based on PPR
My team is injured
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby jdogg_ffc » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:12 am

Ok so keep him in a PPR league and try to sell high next wk in a non PPR league, is that the plan?

PS if you have him start him for sure this wk.
First the Shock, then the Pistons can the Lions be next?

Well maybe next yr.

PS I didn't lose a paper bag challenge but somehow as a Lion's fan it just feels right.
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:18 am

At this point, I'd trade Edge for KJ. :-P
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby skinsfan » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:32 am

I'll say 1100 and 7TD. Top-12, but not a "top" guy. Below LT2, Alexander (that's right. Check his soft sched.), Johnson, Parker, RBrown, Barber, Westbrook, Portis, Rudi, and possibly even Gore. He'll be on the Bell, JJones, Maroney level when all is said and done.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheRawDAWG » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:21 am

skinsfan wrote:I'll say 1100 and 7TD. Top-12, but not a "top" guy. Below LT2, Alexander (that's right. Check his soft sched.), Johnson, Parker, RBrown, Barber, Westbrook, Portis, Rudi, and possibly even Gore. He'll be on the Bell, JJones, Maroney level when all is said and done.

1100 total yards or rush yards? Cause I think you may be right with the rush yards but he's going to be over 1500 total. with about 10-12 TDs. He's a steal for anyone that got him.

BTW, do you mean SA is going to be at the top for the rest of the way when he comes back or at the top by the end of the year? Because he didn't look good to start the year and now he's missed some time. I just don't think it's the same dominant run game that we've seen over the last couple years.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby oldbutdeadlyone » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:05 pm

jdogg_ffc wrote:Ok so keep him in a PPR league and try to sell high next wk in a non PPR league, is that the plan?

PS if you have him start him for sure this wk.

Would you start him over Caddy this week? Philly D gives up yards....I am thinking about starting KJ this week.

I have Edge/Caddy/KJ.....an unlikely TRIO....eh?

I have trouble deciding who is a #1 or #2 back!

hehe

Kev
MY 2010 Fantasy Squad:

QB-Drew Brees
RB-Chris Johnson
RB-Jonathan Stewart
RB-Ryan Torain
RB-Ronnie Brown
WR-Calvin Johnson
WR-Greg Jennings
WR-Stevie Johnson
WR-Mike Williams