Cut your damn hair people! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Cut your damn hair people!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cut your damn hair people!

Postby scoobyDoo » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:55 pm

I know it didn't really affect the outcome any, but Troy Polamalu maybe could have scored a TD if he didn't have his hair flopping all over the place. It's not so bad for defensive players I guess, but I just don't get these offensive players with long easily accesible hair. Man thats gotta hurt to get tackled by that.
scoobyDoo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 210
Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby confused_jake » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:59 pm

I saw one of the gaurds for Oregon had hair that went down past his number. You literally couldn't see his name or number. I dont know how the coaches let him keep it.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1265
Joined: 1 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Cut your damn hair people!

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:09 am

scoobyDoo wrote:I know it didn't really affect the outcome any, but Troy Polamalu maybe could have scored a TD if he didn't have his hair flopping all over the place. It's not so bad for defensive players I guess, but I just don't get these offensive players with long easily accesible hair. Man thats gotta hurt to get tackled by that.


I agree. Seriously don't understand why you would want long hair. At least tie it up like SJax or something.
Image
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 5602
Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: North of the Border

Postby LJ's Crush » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:32 am

when its game time u need to tie it up or something its cool for when ur just kicking it but when its football time do something with it
Image
LJ's Crush
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1603
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: sacramento California

Re: Cut your damn hair people!

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:03 am

bobbing_headz wrote:
scoobyDoo wrote:I know it didn't really affect the outcome any, but Troy Polamalu maybe could have scored a TD if he didn't have his hair flopping all over the place. It's not so bad for defensive players I guess, but I just don't get these offensive players with long easily accesible hair. Man thats gotta hurt to get tackled by that.


I agree. Seriously don't understand why you would want long hair. At least tie it up like SJax or something.


I have samoan friends and its a samoan thing. Samoan warriors wore their hair long like that in battle. Troy usually does have it tied up, but lets it down when game time comes along. Besides, LJ would have made the tackle anyways, he could have grabbed jersey or jumped to bump him out of bounds or dived at the legs to make an ankle tackle, he just chose to grab the hair. It was a frustration thing. Did you see how Troy acted? He just popped right up and headed for his sidelines. It was his teammates who didn't take kindly to the hair pulling baby. :-b
Image
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 3465
Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Cut your damn hair people!

Postby Cooner » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:08 am

mysticphysh wrote: Did you see how Troy acted? He just popped right up and headed for his sidelines. It was his teammates who didn't take kindly to the hair pulling baby. :-b



This was the key for me. Had it been Troy complaining about it, I would have wanted to smack him with the clue-by-four. But it was no big deal. I remember an interview sometime last year where he said that, if and when it happened, it would be no big deal. He's willing to put up with the consequences, so he's more than welcome to take the risk in my opinion.
Best... fantasy advice... EVER. :D

[quote]Always play the players who will get you the most points[/quote]
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 746
Joined: 2 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: da Big Apple

Postby Ditka in '04 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:55 am

I can't believe LJ got flagged for tackling him by his hair. If that the case, whats from keeping someone from growing their hair to their feet, you can't tackle the guy from behind ever then without grabbing his hair
Go Bears, Ditka, and Italian Sausage
Ditka in '04
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 535
Joined: 9 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Chicago

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:59 am

Ditka in '04 wrote:I can't believe LJ got flagged for tackling him by his hair. If that the case, whats from keeping someone from growing their hair to their feet, you can't tackle the guy from behind ever then without grabbing his hair


He wasn't. Its completely legal to tackle by the hair. He was flagged because after dragging troy down out of bounds, he stood up with his hair still in his hand and gave and extra tug on his hair and then flipped it. He was flagged for taunting.

Besides, even if he wasn't flagged, there was 2 other fouls on that play for Pittsburgh to choose from, including another personal foul. :-D (Yes, KC got 3 fouls on one play)
Last edited by mysticphysh on Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 3465
Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby smackthefirst » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:59 am

Actually LJ got flagged for pulling on the hair after the play. Much like if you tackel a guy and then shove his leg as you're getting up. The tackling by the hair had nothing to do with the penalty. Pretty much for the very reason mentioned above.
Image
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 2646
Joined: 16 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: MD

Postby Retet » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:00 pm

Player's hair length doesn't bother me at all; it's when they get thrown out of a game during the FF playoffs *shakes a fist at Steve Smith* that bugs me. :-b
"Happy life day!"
Retet
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1498
Joined: 23 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: A Northern Town

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 11:30 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact