Cut your damn hair people! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cut your damn hair people!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby footballchick23 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:02 pm

Totally missed the highlights of this...anyone have a link to a video/replay?
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:09 pm

footballchick23 wrote:Totally missed the highlights of this...anyone have a link to a video/replay?

try here

http://www.nfl.com/video

It might be in the highlights for the game. I don't have time to look at it right now, but I'm pretty sure it will be in there.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:24 pm

smackthefirst wrote:Actually LJ got flagged for pulling on the hair after the play. Much like if you tackel a guy and then shove his leg as you're getting up. The tackling by the hair had nothing to do with the penalty. Pretty much for the very reason mentioned above.

LJ got flagged for taunting. I didn't see him playing with his hair after the whistle.

Troy ran off the field like a pro becuase he knows that's the chance you take when you have long hair. ricky williams use to get tackeled by the hair too. but I think that hair was deemed to part of the uniform if it's hanging out your helmet.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:44 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
smackthefirst wrote:Actually LJ got flagged for pulling on the hair after the play. Much like if you tackel a guy and then shove his leg as you're getting up. The tackling by the hair had nothing to do with the penalty. Pretty much for the very reason mentioned above.

LJ got flagged for taunting. I didn't see him playing with his hair after the whistle.

Troy ran off the field like a pro becuase he knows that's the chance you take when you have long hair. ricky williams use to get tackeled by the hair too. but I think that hair was deemed to part of the uniform if it's hanging out your helmet.

Are you kidding? He was practically braiding his hair after the whistle! :-b
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Ditka in '04 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:29 pm

mysticphysh wrote:
Ditka in '04 wrote:I can't believe LJ got flagged for tackling him by his hair. If that the case, whats from keeping someone from growing their hair to their feet, you can't tackle the guy from behind ever then without grabbing his hair

He wasn't. Its completely legal to tackle by the hair. He was flagged because after dragging troy down out of bounds, he stood up with his hair still in his hand and gave and extra tug on his hair and then flipped it. He was flagged for taunting.

Besides, even if he wasn't flagged, there was 2 other fouls on that play for Pittsburgh to choose from, including another personal foul. :-D (Yes, KC got 3 fouls on one play)

Ok, that makes sense. I thought it was for pulling him down by his hair. He should still be forced to tuck his hair under his uniform for his own health reasons and because it looks rediculous
Go Bears, Ditka, and Italian Sausage
Ditka in '04
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby stomperrob » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:00 pm

Polamalu grows his hair long for cultural reasons - the only reason he cut it at USC was because they made him. And as stated the penalty wasn't for dragging him down by the hair, but rather for picking him up by it afterwards.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Previous

Return to Football Talk