What is up with NFL.com GameCenter these days? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What is up with NFL.com GameCenter these days?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What is up with NFL.com GameCenter these days?

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:55 am

So last week was Thanksgiving here in Canada, so I ended up at the in-laws for turkey on Sunday and they have no satellite or cable :-o

No problem says I - I'll just follow the action on the GameCenter and keep up-to-date that way...

Well, it sucked. :-t :-t The stupid "auto-refresh" seemed to be busted because it would often go 5-10 minutes without a refresh (supposed to be every 30 secs I think). It always seemed to get hung up in the red zone too so I would be waiting to see the result of a drive and then BOOM - once the refresh came in the other team would already be a couple of plays into their post-kickoff series :-t :-t The worst part is a manual refresh doesn't help - it actually seemed to back things up a few times :-o :-o

Fast forward to today - the stupid site had a 3rd TD for TO in the stats line but never updated it into the play-by-play (so I couldn't figure out if it was for real or not) until like an hour after the game had finished :-[ Now, hours after the KC/Pitt game is done, Pittsburgh's sack of Brodie Croyle on his first pass attempt still doesn't show up in the list of stats for IDPs on the Game Stats, but it does show in the play-by-play and in the Team Stats link :-[ :-[

Anybody else notice an inordinate amount of errors with this thing the past couple of weeks?
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:06 am

NFL.com's Gamecenter has always been slow, at least in my experience. I don't really use it except maybe to for a quick check on scores.

You can try Yahoo's Gamechannel. I haven't used it much personally, but its similar to NFL.com's version. But one thing I don't like about it is that it runs on Flash and slow the crap out of your computer. Well, at least it used to when I tried it when it first came out last year. FOX and CBS might have something similar too, but I've never looked.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:43 am

While it admittedly has more than its fair share of times where it lags behind I haven't noticed near the problems you're describing (except maybe week 1, which is always the case).

I did notice it fall behind a couple times yesterday but sportsline and gamechannel were stuck at the same spots so I'm guessing there was some problem getting the stats in from the actual games at that time since every source was behind.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:12 am

I noticed it too, it blew yesterday. :-t :-t

At least it's one of the "FREE" things the NFL provides... everything seems to have a price tag these days.

Did you notice the advertising(on the drive window it came up)? That's new.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk