Just what we need...another injury prone RB - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Just what we need...another injury prone RB

Moderator: Football Moderators

Just what we need...another injury prone RB

Postby JakeTrain72 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:10 am

Fragile Freddy has carried the torch well, but there is another young apprentice waiting in the wings to take over as the next great-injury prone RB. The next headache in your fantasy football drafting future looks like Oklahoma's Adrian Peterson. It might take another year or two before Taylor hangs em up and Peterson gets a chance to get injured, but the torch will be carried on.

He can play pretty darn well and from what I have seen has quite a bit of toughness to him. But his body just can't stay healthy. I am sure someone will be taking him in the next draft and hope he can recover and stay on the field. Talent wise he should compete for a starting job if he's healthy.

Of course Dom Davis and DeShaun Foster are keeping the seat warm until Peterson arrives.

To Taylor's credit, he has been productive this season. ;-D
JakeTrain72
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby skinsfan » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:14 am

Oh, I thought Alexander was filling the role quite nicely.

As a sidenote, this isn't a spiteful comment. Alexander's on my team.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ChurchH8er » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:22 am

skinsfan wrote:Oh, I thought Alexander was filling the role quite nicely.

As a sidenote, this isn't a spiteful comment. Alexander's on my team.

How many games has Alexander missed from injury until now?

One injury shouldn't label someone as injury prone...
ChurchH8er
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby moochman » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:28 am

When I saw AP's injury, how much longer before coaches tell their players to stop diving into the endzone?, I though about how much his value just dropped. He might have been a lock at #1, until you factor in the Al Davis affect, but I wouldn't risk a #1 overall pick on a guy who doesn't seem too healthy.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:33 am

when your talented enough you get drafted high...

look at jason allen, antonio cromartie, mcgahee....some of those guys had WAY worse injuries then peterson, and his combine numbers are going to be so good along with his production he wont leave the top 5, and most likely the big 3....mcgahee hasnt been hurt since so that payed off, alot of players pan out fine....

i wouldnt call him injury prone yet, he has had 2 injuries, the high ankle sprain that took all last year to heal, and a broken collarbone, that worries be because of the location of the injury, but you can get surgery on that if you want to have screws inserted, or let it heal natrually, either way by the time he lifts to rehab by pre season he will be fine again
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:55 am

moochman wrote:When I saw AP's injury, how much longer before coaches tell their players to stop diving into the endzone?, I though about how much his value just dropped. He might have been a lock at #1, until you factor in the Al Davis affect, but I wouldn't risk a #1 overall pick on a guy who doesn't seem too healthy.

Did you see the play? Watch the defender hit him in the leg while he's diving. Do you really think most players would let the defender stop them from getting into the endzone?

He's a top 5 pick with or without the injury. Where he goes in the top 5 depends on a lot of things - including need. Do you think Arizona or Detroit would take him? I doubt it...they have decent RBs. Teams might pass on him for a lot of reasons...it's way too early to tell.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:41 am

The thing to watch out for is AP staying for his senior year. He is going to want to stay and prove that he can stay healthy for an entire season. It's all going to come down to where he is projected to go in the draft. I think if he is still a lock to be a top 5 pick at the end of the year, he will come out, but if there are any questions about him slipping, he is going back to school.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby TheDiplomats » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:01 am

The guy will be a stud in the NFL irregardless. Teams stack the living hell out of the box against OSU and he still manages huge yardage totals. Sucks what happened to him and his collarbone..that was a pretty freak accident type of deal. I though the may have just sprained or dislocated his shoulder originally but that sucks.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:56 pm

TheDiplomats wrote:The guy will be a stud in the NFL irregardless. Teams stack the living hell out of the box against OSU and he still manages huge yardage totals. Sucks what happened to him and his collarbone..that was a pretty freak accident type of deal. I though the may have just sprained or dislocated his shoulder originally but that sucks.

the word is regardless.

It was a fluke play and im not really sure you can call him injury prone quite yet after something like this. Last year he was basically hurt the whole season though. He still made a lot of teams look silly though.

What worries me is the comparison ive heard from several sources linking APs style of running to Chris Brown....yuck. :-P
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:05 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:
TheDiplomats wrote:The guy will be a stud in the NFL irregardless. Teams stack the living hell out of the box against OSU and he still manages huge yardage totals. Sucks what happened to him and his collarbone..that was a pretty freak accident type of deal. I though the may have just sprained or dislocated his shoulder originally but that sucks.

the word is regardless.

Websters wrote:irregardless
One entry found for irregardless.

Main Entry: ir·re·gard·less
Pronunciation: "ir-i-'gärd-l&s
Function: adverb
Etymology: probably blend of irrespective and regardless
nonstandard : REGARDLESS
usage Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that "there is no such word." There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

:-D

A broken collarbone does not equal injury prone. I don't know about APs past injury history but a broken collarbone can happen to anyone, anytime, anywhere.

So go ahead and don't draft in your dynasty league because he's "injury prone". ;-D ;-7
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk