Just what we need...another injury prone RB - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Just what we need...another injury prone RB

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby tianyi86 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:10 pm

LS2throwed wrote:when your talented enough you get drafted high...

look at jason allen, antonio cromartie, mcgahee....some of those guys had WAY worse injuries then peterson, and his combine numbers are going to be so good along with his production he wont leave the top 5, and most likely the big 3....mcgahee hasnt been hurt since so that payed off, alot of players pan out fine....

i wouldnt call him injury prone yet, he has had 2 injuries, the high ankle sprain that took all last year to heal, and a broken collarbone, that worries be because of the location of the injury, but you can get surgery on that if you want to have screws inserted, or let it heal natrually, either way by the time he lifts to rehab by pre season he will be fine again

And look at Deuce Mcallister and how much he dropped due to his injury. Although he stayed in the first round, I dont think somewhere in the 20's is what people thought of him before his injury.
tianyi86
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Heimholder » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:23 pm

TheDiplomats wrote:The guy will be a stud in the NFL irregardless. Teams stack the living hell out of the box against OSU and he still manages huge yardage totals. Sucks what happened to him and his collarbone..that was a pretty freak accident type of deal. I though the may have just sprained or dislocated his shoulder originally but that sucks.

I broke my right collarbone pretty bad while mountainbiking last fall and my sports medicine doc told me I was lucky - given the force applied to the shoulder, snapping that bone was much better than the other alternatives (e.g. damage to the shoulder joint, neck, etc.). Unless you're Charles Rogers, it heals back 100%. And sure enough 3 months later I was playing flag football & volleyball again.

Note: I'm not comparing myself to an elite football player, just saying a bone break is not necessarily worse than joint damage.
Heimholder
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:31 pm

bone breaks heal stronger than they were originally.

i'm not worried about AD's ability to stay healthy. he's a tough runner that punishes the defense. he's going to get nicked up from time to time. he separated his shoulder as a freshman and played through it. high ankle sprain kept him sidlined for 1 (?) game last year. played the whole year hurt behind a bad offensive line. and this year the broken collar bone is a fluke. just a freak deal. there is no way he comes back for his senior year. no chance. and he's still the most talented player in the draft.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:56 pm

Last time I checked, RBs don't run or cut with their collarbone ;-D

Although Miami used a similar analogy with Culpepper vs. Brees... guess it didn't work out so well for them. :-t
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:37 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:
TheDiplomats wrote:The guy will be a stud in the NFL irregardless. Teams stack the living hell out of the box against OSU and he still manages huge yardage totals. Sucks what happened to him and his collarbone..that was a pretty freak accident type of deal. I though the may have just sprained or dislocated his shoulder originally but that sucks.

the word is regardless.

It was a fluke play and im not really sure you can call him injury prone quite yet after something like this. Last year he was basically hurt the whole season though. He still made a lot of teams look silly though.

What worries me is the comparison ive heard from several sources linking APs style of running to Chris Brown....yuck. :-P

Irregardless can be used to add emphasis. It's non-standard english, but who cares. I don't see anyone trying to pull grammar teacher on the word "ain't" or "gonna".

And to get on topic, the NFL and fantasy owners will avoid Adrian Peterson at their own risk. I would absolutely love for someone to jump on Calvin Johnson at #1 and let AP drop to #2 for me. That is the DREAM dynasty draft scenario.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:45 pm

moochman wrote:When I saw AP's injury, how much longer before coaches tell their players to stop diving into the endzone?, I though about how much his value just dropped. He might have been a lock at #1, until you factor in the Al Davis affect, but I wouldn't risk a #1 overall pick on a guy who doesn't seem too healthy.

LT dived into the endzone this week on his way to 4 TD runs.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:45 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:

the word is regardless.

It was a fluke play and im not really sure you can call him injury prone quite yet after something like this. Last year he was basically hurt the whole season though. He still made a lot of teams look silly though.

What worries me is the comparison ive heard from several sources linking APs style of running to Chris Brown....yuck. :-P

Irregardless can be used to add emphasis. It's non-standard english, but who cares. I don't see anyone trying to pull grammar teacher on the word "ain't" or "gonna".

And to get on topic, the NFL and fantasy owners will avoid Adrian Peterson at their own risk. I would absolutely love for someone to jump on Calvin Johnson at #1 and let AP drop to #2 for me. That is the DREAM dynasty draft scenario.

Aint dat da trufth
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Previous

Return to Football Talk