Berrian's current value - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Berrian's current value

Moderator: Football Moderators

Berrian's current value

Postby skinsfan » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:13 am

What WR is he on par with in terms of real trade value (not in terms of point scoring potential)? Has he risen to the second or first tier yet? Very consistent production.

Right now I see him at least on the Houshmanzadeh level.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby GMoney » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:32 am

I dont think he is anywhere near TJ Whosyourdaddy yet.

TJ has been doing what he does consistently for a few years now. Carson Palmer is a legit stud QB, and TJ has a legit #1 reciever next to him so he sees #2 CBs every week.

The bears were absoute RUBBISH on offence last year, it will take more than 5 weeks to convince me they can put up 40 a week with mostly the exact same roster.

Would also like to note that Rex Grossman has been healty for a grand total of 14 games in 4 years now..... hes 1 bannana peel from the bears winning games 6-3 again.

Finally while Berrians total numbers have been consistent, they are coming MOSTLY off plays of 40 yards or greater (1 per game). I really really dont think he can get a 40+ yard catch and generally a TD every week. Hes been lucky so far but i dont think he can do it every week. And when he doesnt your left with 1 for 15......

Id put him around..... Antonio Bryant ish.

Edit: was definately supposed to say 'last' year.
Last edited by GMoney on Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby skinsfan » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:46 am

GMoney wrote:The bears were absoute RUBBISH on offence this year, it will take more than 5 weeks to convince me they can put up 40 a week with mostly the exact same roster.

^^ Most British Post I've ever seen in the Cafe ^^
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tianyi86 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:57 am

His value is undetermined. I got offered randy moss for him in one league while in another i got offered roy williams. I think hes undervalued bc he can easily score 8 td, and more likely around 10 with over 900yards receiving.
tianyi86
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:10 am

skinsfan wrote:
GMoney wrote:The bears were absoute RUBBISH on offence this year, it will take more than 5 weeks to convince me they can put up 40 a week with mostly the exact same roster.

^^ Most British Post I've ever seen in the Cafe ^^

I nearly choked on my soda when I read that little statement. The Bears have the number one offense in the league right now, and they're rubbish?????? :-? :-?

After that statement, I'll take any and everything this dude says and think the exact opposite. Which means Berrian has great value. ;-D
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FatFoot » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:35 pm

By the context of the statement, I think he meant "last year."

But a QB change, and playbook familiarity makes a big difference, as does conditioning for the WRs and TE.

I think Berrian is WAY above Housh in trade value. I'd put him in the range of 6-15, for trade value. I think you're looking at Jennings, Reggie Williams, Terry Glenn, Javon, etc.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:43 pm

number one scoring offense in terms of ppg... (sorry, just being a stickler, eagles have most total points and yards, sure to change after tonight though)

definitely not rubbish.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:58 pm

grossman and berrian have better values then palmer and CJ...you can say last year, and the year before all you want, but the bears have showed no signs of slowing down, and CJ and palmer both have an uphill climb to catch either 2

just watch berrian 2nite
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Athrun340 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:19 pm

LS2throwed wrote:grossman and berrian have better values then palmer and CJ...you can say last year, and the year before all you want, but the bears have showed no signs of slowing down, and CJ and palmer both have an uphill climb to catch either 2

just watch berrian 2nite

yes sir .. now im starting to question the philosophy of "don't sit your studs"

palmer costs me a game this week .. a guy is beating me (with his 4 players on bye) by 11 pts .. now i need to rely on boldin..

palmer and that offense have been very inconsistent this year ..
Athrun340
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:22 pm

Athrun340 wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:grossman and berrian have better values then palmer and CJ...you can say last year, and the year before all you want, but the bears have showed no signs of slowing down, and CJ and palmer both have an uphill climb to catch either 2

just watch berrian 2nite

yes sir .. now im starting to question the philosophy of "don't sit your studs"

palmer costs me a game this week .. a guy is beating me (with his 4 players on bye) by 11 pts .. now i need to rely on boldin..

palmer and that offense have been very inconsistent this year ..

just dont let yourself fall into the trap of playing players who were better last year, or supposed "studs", go for whose hot on your team or play the matchups, i wouldnt play CJ over jennings, walker, or berrian if i had all 4 until he showed me otherwise i should, im not going to start him because he's chad johnson and hope for the best....plus palmer isnt what he should be
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk