MVP Candidates? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

MVP Candidates?

Moderator: Football Moderators

MVP Candidates?

Postby skinsfan » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:51 am

Right now I see it as a dead heat between Grossman, McNabb, Brees. Hard to imagine a QB doesn't win it this year.

I rank it
McNabb
Brees
Grossman

But I like Brees to win it in the end. Those are your pro-bowl guys by the way, as well.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:54 am

I would think McNabb is the front runner right now. He's off to an incredible start. Still plenty of season left to determine.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:57 am

gotta consider steve smith, look at what the panthers did without him compared to with him.

I would say McNabb is probably the front runner right now, but I wouldnt be suprised to see brees get it if NO makes the playoffs, mainly because anything New Orleans is the feel good story of the year, and he might have a slight advantage because the NFL definatly wants NO to suceed this year.

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:17 am

Tiki Barber will be MVP, mark it down.

Now if he could just find the endzone :-°
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:10 am

If it's close between McNabb and Brees by the end of the year, McNabb will probably win MVP honors while Brees gets Comeback POY. Not sure on the process or the people that determines who wins what, but McNabb gets an edge because the media loves him.

The problem with the MVP award is that there is no consensus on what the award means exactly. Is it the best player in the NFL? Or is it the player that impacts his team the most? Until the NFL clarifies this there's always huge debates on it.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:17 am

So far. Grossman. Look at the 180 the Bear's O has done with him healthy and in the lineup!
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby skinsfan » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:30 am

beanoX3 wrote:If it's close between McNabb and Brees by the end of the year, McNabb will probably win MVP honors while Brees gets Comeback POY. Not sure on the process or the people that determines who wins what, but McNabb gets an edge because the media loves him.

The problem with the MVP award is that there is no consensus on what the award means exactly. Is it the best player in the NFL? Or is it the player that impacts his team the most? Until the NFL clarifies this there's always huge debates on it.

Why Comeback? He wasn't hurt last year or anything, his team just stunk. His stats were very good.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:50 pm

it isn't gonna be grossman, and I don't think its THAT logical, even though he is having a year and half. McNabb's first five games were something that NEVER has been accomplished. And he leads the league in passer rating now, passing TDs and passing yards. Unlike grossman, the Eagles d sure as hell doesn't look robust, and its obvious that withoutDonovan, the eagles would have a losing record again. Im not so sure with thomas jones and that D, the same could be said for Donovan.

I think this year, so far #5 fuflills both persepctives on MVP. Most important player to his team, and the guy with the most statsitical success.

But there are 10 games left too, so its kind of silly to talk about right now.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:01 pm

eaglesrule wrote:it isn't gonna be grossman, and I don't think its THAT logical, even though he is having a year and half. McNabb's first five games were something that NEVER has been accomplished. And he leads the league in passer rating now, passing TDs and passing yards. Unlike grossman, the Eagles d sure as hell doesn't look robust, and its obvious that withoutDonovan, the eagles would have a losing record again. Im not so sure with thomas jones and that D, the same could be said for Donovan.

I think this year, so far #5 fuflills both persepctives on MVP. Most important player to his team, and the guy with the most statsitical success.

I say its going to be Ben Roethlisburger! Did you see him play yesterday!!! 8-o

;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Crippler » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:07 pm

eaglesrule wrote:it isn't gonna be grossman, and I don't think its THAT logical, even though he is having a year and half. McNabb's first five games were something that NEVER has been accomplished. And he leads the league in passer rating now, passing TDs and passing yards. Unlike grossman, the Eagles d sure as hell doesn't look robust, and its obvious that withoutDonovan, the eagles would have a losing record again. Im not so sure with thomas jones and that D, the same could be said for Donovan.

You must be forgetting Romo's 158 passer rating. 2/2 with 1TD and 35 yards. ;-)

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)