Consensus no. 1 RB = LT? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Consensus no. 1 RB = LT?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Consensus no. 1 RB = LT?

Postby gatorman1122 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:30 am

Before the season started, there were heated debates in regards to the top 3 RBs and who should be ranked no. 1-3.

Here are the stats so far:

LJ: 357 rush yds 3tds; 23catches, 274 rec yds 1td, 2 fumbles lost

SA: 187 rush yds 2 tds; 5 catches, 22 rec yds, 1 fumble lost

LT: 407 rush yds 7tds; 26 catches 174 rec yds, 0 fumbles lost

Bottom line: Shame on those for labeling LT as the "no. 3" RB overall and shame on those who do not believe in the Madden curse :-b .
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby skinsfan » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:35 am

1 great game maketh not a season says the wiseman of Quintin Griffin owners. I'll say he's a definite top-3 in terms of week-by-week, but hard to forget how poor his stats were in week 5, a performance which may be repeated easily in his two Denver games. That being said, he's one of the best. From here on out, I'd only take Alexander and Portis over him.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Ditka in '04 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:52 am

geez how many threads are going to be started about poking fun at LT being ranked 3rd by some people. I didn't have him at 3, but still come on
Go Bears, Ditka, and Italian Sausage
Ditka in '04
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Ablack86 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:40 pm

LT has one decent week where he vultures his way into 4 td's and all of these morons are going nuts. LJ is right with LT and will continue to hang right on.
Ablack86
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Thursday » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:43 pm

Whoa there! This includes the last game, in which LT went nuts. Truly only after a full season has been played will the real #1 emerge.
Thursday
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ablack86 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:50 pm

Thursday wrote:Whoa there! This includes the last game, in which LT went nuts. Truly only after a full season has been played will the real #1 emerge.

He didn't even go nuts. Most of these people probably didn't even see the game. His longest run was for 9 yards against a terrible SF defense. He had 2 5 yard rushing tds and 2 1 yard rushing tds. and like 75 total rushing yards. (60 something recieving, so pretty good amount of total yards.) Man.... that performance alone should get him mvp!!!!

Chill out people.
Ablack86
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Crippler » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:50 pm

I still rank LJ right up there with LT. Take out week 6 and they're very close. I think that after another 5 games LT will start to wear down unless they play Turner even more (which will lower LTs stats too)

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby FatFoot » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:52 pm

Ablack86 wrote:LT has one decent week where he vultures his way into 4 td's and all of these morons are going nuts. LJ is right with LT and will continue to hang right on.

"one decent week" usually means like 17-20 ff points. Let's be clear... LT just had a HUGE week, and so far he IS having the better season of the 3. Instead of calling people morons, you should consider looking at things objectively, and consider the teams, rather than just the players. It would be pretty myopic to fail to recognize the superiority of LT's situation, and what that likely entails.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Ablack86 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:55 pm

I apologize, it was a huge week where he vultured his way into 4 tds. The initial statement was pretty much an oxymoron = /
(Decent week and 4tds dont go togeather.)

I still feel quite certain though that LJ and LT will level off togeather as the season goes on.
Ablack86
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:57 pm

Crippler wrote:I still rank LJ right up there with LT. Take out week 6 and they're very close. I think that after another 5 games LT will start to wear down unless they play Turner even more (which will lower LTs stats too)

it really errks me, always to hear/read people say take this week away or take that run away. guess what were not, they won't it's part of the game. big days are what seperate great backs from the norm. LT and LJ just happen to have more of them anyone else. though, tiki is gaining ground.

Personally i'm one of the few that ranked LT as #1. I'm surprised LJ is doing as good as he is given all the circumstances surrounding that offence.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk