mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ablack86 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:32 pm

mysticphysh wrote:You will never, ever get a consensus ANYTHING. ;-D

Except maybe the fact that Oakland sucks. :-D

THEY DONT SUCK!

THERE OFFENSE HAS JUST GOTTEN OFF TO A SLOW START. AND THERE DEFENSE HAS BEEN IN UNLUCKY SITUATIONS. ALONG WITH THE FACT THAT THE DEFENSE IS HAVING A SLOW START AS WELL. THERE SPECIAL TEAMS PLAY HAS BEEN SLIGHTLY SUBPAR!!!!!!! BUT ITS WEEK6 ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN?

(sw)
Ablack86
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:39 pm

There's an elite class and then there's a lower class. Within the elite class, there's really no way of defining a #1. It's all chance. What team is going to have the most plays from inside the 10 yard line...no way to predict that really, but usually that team will produce the best RB. That's why FF in general is a crapshoot. }:-)
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:43 pm

1. LT2
2. Tatum
3. FWP
4. LJ

then the rest.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:47 pm

I had LT as #1 on my draft boards... LJ has suprisingly kept up in PPR leagues.

I'd say LT, LJ, and Tiki...

All backs that have low downside with blockbuster upside (a bad game to them is an average game for a majority of backs).

Tiki has yet to have the "breakout" FF game that will skew his average up... he's just been really consistent.

Next traunch of RBs would be Portis, SJ, and Gore (yep I said it)... etc.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:55 pm

Twisted Sister wrote:I had LT as #1 on my draft boards... LJ has suprisingly kept up in PPR leagues.

I'd say LT, LJ, and Tiki...

All backs that have low downside with blockbuster upside (a bad game to them is an average game for a majority of backs).

Tiki has yet to have the "breakout" FF game that will skew his average up... he's just been really consistent.

Next traunch of RBs would be Portis, SJ, and Gore (yep I said it)... etc.

well when you dont get goaline carries breakout games are few and far between.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:56 pm

We're not even half way through the season. Crowning LT2 king of the world is a little premature.

LJ has held his own and will have some great games ahead. KC plays Oakland twice, Cleveland, Miami, and St Louis.

SA has been the real question mark. Even before he got hurt, he wasn't doing all that well. Those were the big three.

If you look at it, Portis and Parker have the better chance of being up there with LT come season end. Parker has a bit more yards, and only 2 less TDs. Portis has a few less yards but only 1 less TD. So who did better? The person who predicted LT2 as the top RB (not a big deal, a lot of people did) or the person who predicted Parker in the top 5 RBs?
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:59 pm

mysticphysh wrote:We're not even half way through the season. Crowning LT2 king of the world is a little premature.

LJ has held his own and will have some great games ahead. KC plays Oakland twice, Cleveland, Miami, and St Louis.

SA has been the real question mark. Even before he got hurt, he wasn't doing all that well. Those were the big three.

If you look at it, Portis and Parker have the better chance of being up there with LT come season end. Parker has a bit more yards, and only 2 less TDs. Portis has a few less yards but only 1 less TD. So who did better? The person who predicted LT2 as the top RB (not a big deal, a lot of people did) or the person who predicted Parker in the top 5 RBs?

Portis was a consensus Top 5 pick (up until people got scared over the injury in preseason).

If Parker makes the top 5, that would be an impressive pick. Personally, I just thought that there were A LOT of Steeler homers on this board @ draft time.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:08 pm

Twisted Sister wrote: Personally, I just thought that there were A LOT of Steeler homers on this board @ draft time.

mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ampant » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:54 pm

mysticphysh wrote: We're not even half way through the season. Crowning LT2 king of the world is a little premature.
Agreed. I had LT ranked #2 going in, but there were compelling arguments for all of the big three, and I admitted that my ranking was based more on personal preference and that LJ saved my season last year by running over some TOUGH defenses.

mysticphysh wrote:
His foot was hurt in the very 1st game vs. DET. It affected his play in week 2. When he gets healthy, I think he tears it up.

mysticphysh wrote:
Good points. Portis also missed some games and played hurt. otherwise his numbers would be better. Parker should be close to the top 5 when everything is done.

What I don't agree with is that Tiki is top 4. Talent-wise, maybe, but Jacobs keeps taking his TDs. He'll finish up with 6-8 tds on the season, and I don't think that'll get it done, unless they give him some redzone calls.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk