Consensus no. 1 RB = LT? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Consensus no. 1 RB = LT?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:08 pm

You will never, ever get a consensus ANYTHING. ;-D









Except maybe the fact that Oakland sucks. :-D
Image
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 3465
Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ablack86 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:32 pm

mysticphysh wrote:You will never, ever get a consensus ANYTHING. ;-D









Except maybe the fact that Oakland sucks. :-D


THEY DONT SUCK!

THERE OFFENSE HAS JUST GOTTEN OFF TO A SLOW START. AND THERE DEFENSE HAS BEEN IN UNLUCKY SITUATIONS. ALONG WITH THE FACT THAT THE DEFENSE IS HAVING A SLOW START AS WELL. THERE SPECIAL TEAMS PLAY HAS BEEN SLIGHTLY SUBPAR!!!!!!! BUT ITS WEEK6 ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN?

(sw)
Ablack86
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 174
Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:39 pm

There's an elite class and then there's a lower class. Within the elite class, there's really no way of defining a #1. It's all chance. What team is going to have the most plays from inside the 10 yard line...no way to predict that really, but usually that team will produce the best RB. That's why FF in general is a crapshoot. }:-)
Image
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 1235
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:43 pm

1. LT2
2. Tatum
3. FWP
4. LJ

then the rest.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 2131
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago.

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:47 pm

I had LT as #1 on my draft boards... LJ has suprisingly kept up in PPR leagues.

I'd say LT, LJ, and Tiki...

All backs that have low downside with blockbuster upside (a bad game to them is an average game for a majority of backs).

Tiki has yet to have the "breakout" FF game that will skew his average up... he's just been really consistent.


Next traunch of RBs would be Portis, SJ, and Gore (yep I said it)... etc.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2822
Joined: 19 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:55 pm

Twisted Sister wrote:I had LT as #1 on my draft boards... LJ has suprisingly kept up in PPR leagues.

I'd say LT, LJ, and Tiki...

All backs that have low downside with blockbuster upside (a bad game to them is an average game for a majority of backs).

Tiki has yet to have the "breakout" FF game that will skew his average up... he's just been really consistent.


Next traunch of RBs would be Portis, SJ, and Gore (yep I said it)... etc.


well when you dont get goaline carries breakout games are few and far between.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 2131
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago.

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:56 pm

We're not even half way through the season. Crowning LT2 king of the world is a little premature.

LJ has held his own and will have some great games ahead. KC plays Oakland twice, Cleveland, Miami, and St Louis.

SA has been the real question mark. Even before he got hurt, he wasn't doing all that well. Those were the big three.

If you look at it, Portis and Parker have the better chance of being up there with LT come season end. Parker has a bit more yards, and only 2 less TDs. Portis has a few less yards but only 1 less TD. So who did better? The person who predicted LT2 as the top RB (not a big deal, a lot of people did) or the person who predicted Parker in the top 5 RBs?
Image
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 3465
Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:59 pm

mysticphysh wrote:We're not even half way through the season. Crowning LT2 king of the world is a little premature.

LJ has held his own and will have some great games ahead. KC plays Oakland twice, Cleveland, Miami, and St Louis.

SA has been the real question mark. Even before he got hurt, he wasn't doing all that well. Those were the big three.

If you look at it, Portis and Parker have the better chance of being up there with LT come season end. Parker has a bit more yards, and only 2 less TDs. Portis has a few less yards but only 1 less TD. So who did better? The person who predicted LT2 as the top RB (not a big deal, a lot of people did) or the person who predicted Parker in the top 5 RBs?


Portis was a consensus Top 5 pick (up until people got scared over the injury in preseason).

If Parker makes the top 5, that would be an impressive pick. Personally, I just thought that there were A LOT of Steeler homers on this board @ draft time.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2822
Joined: 19 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:08 pm

Twisted Sister wrote: Personally, I just thought that there were A LOT of Steeler homers on this board @ draft time.



Image
Image
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 3465
Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ampant » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:54 pm

mysticphysh wrote: We're not even half way through the season. Crowning LT2 king of the world is a little premature.
Agreed. I had LT ranked #2 going in, but there were compelling arguments for all of the big three, and I admitted that my ranking was based more on personal preference and that LJ saved my season last year by running over some TOUGH defenses.

mysticphysh wrote:
SA has been the real question mark. Even before he got hurt, he wasn't doing all that well. Those were the big three.
His foot was hurt in the very 1st game vs. DET. It affected his play in week 2. When he gets healthy, I think he tears it up.

mysticphysh wrote:
If you look at it, Portis and Parker have the better chance of being up there with LT come season end. Parker has a bit more yards, and only 2 less TDs. Portis has a few less yards but only 1 less TD. So who did better? The person who predicted LT2 as the top RB (not a big deal, a lot of people did) or the person who predicted Parker in the top 5 RBs?
Good points. Portis also missed some games and played hurt. otherwise his numbers would be better. Parker should be close to the top 5 when everything is done.

What I don't agree with is that Tiki is top 4. Talent-wise, maybe, but Jacobs keeps taking his TDs. He'll finish up with 6-8 tds on the season, and I don't think that'll get it done, unless they give him some redzone calls.
Image
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4938
(Past Year: 16)
Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: All stressed up with no place to go

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 21:42 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact