Consensus no. 1 RB = LT? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Consensus no. 1 RB = LT?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Blitzburgh2001 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:45 pm

I had LT as the #1 back at draft time because he was the only back that didnt lose any offensive linemen. People who felt that losing Brees was comparable to losing a Hutchinson or a Roaf may not have considered that Rivers was the #1 pick in the 2004 draft and he had 2 years to learn the offense. Alexander and LJ both had to deal with the departures of elite offensive linemen.

As of week 6 LT has better stats than every other back, even though one week has skewed them.

As far as Parker in the top 5, I never thought he would be doing this well at the beginning of the year. At this point I can see him in the top 10, but the top 5 is asking a lot.
Blitzburgh2001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:16 pm

I'm telling ya people, I may be awful at 2nd and 3rd round picks as I've gotten a handful of busts there the last few years, but I've pretty much nailed the #1 pick right every year I've played fantasy football even when going the opposite direction from the norm (assuming we're counting Priest/LJ as a combo last year, which is exactly what I was arguing - that Priest + 5th round pick for LJ was worth more than LT).

I took LT first this year in my big moneyleague and the guy picking 2nd thanked me for basically writing the check for him.

That said, there's still a lot of season left, despite his great numbers LT didn't actually look that great running the ball against a weak SF D, and if he tears up his knee tomorrow this will all be moot.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:25 pm

Free Bagel wrote:I'm telling ya people, I may be awful at 2nd and 3rd round picks as I've gotten a handful of busts there the last few years, but I've pretty much nailed the #1 pick right every year I've played fantasy football even when going the opposite direction from the norm (assuming we're counting Priest/LJ as a combo last year, which is exactly what I was arguing - that Priest + 5th round pick for LJ was worth more than LT).

I took LT first this year in my big moneyleague and the guy picking 2nd thanked me for basically writing the check for him.

That said, there's still a lot of season left, despite his great numbers LT didn't actually look that great running the ball against a weak SF D, and if he tears up his knee tomorrow this will all be moot.

**cough** **cough** Portis Redskins First Year**cough** **Cough**

Anyways...
LT
LJ
Portis (westbrook if it's PPR)
Steven Jackson
Westbrook if it isn't

the rest
Hon mention: Tiki, Tatum, FWP
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk