For all of you that had LT 3rd behind LJ & SA - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

For all of you that had LT 3rd behind LJ & SA

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:55 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:So you predicted that Shaun Alexander would get hurt and be out for multiple games? Did you also predict that Trent Green would get hurt in the first few weeks and miss several games, severally hindering LJs value?

Honestly its not much of an accomplishment to have said that LT was going to be the leading RB this year. Many at the cafe had him as No. 1.

Just go away.

I had him at number two....that must mean that I know absolutely nothing about football :~(
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:58 pm

mysticphysh wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:So you predicted that Shaun Alexander would get hurt and be out for multiple games? Did you also predict that Trent Green would get hurt in the first few weeks and miss several games, severally hindering LJs value?

Honestly its not much of an accomplishment to have said that LT was going to be the leading RB this year. Many at the cafe had him as No. 1.

Just go away.

I had him at number two....that must mean that I know absolutely nothing about football :~(

Obviously. ;-)
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:09 pm

where is the proof of you telling anyone here this? no check that it's a ridiculous conversation in the first place no one cares if you did or didn't. BTW I did too.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:16 pm

Redskins Win wrote:where is the proof of you telling anyone here this? no check that it's a ridiculous conversation in the first place no one cares if you did or didn't. BTW I did too.

Just messing. ;-)
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DC5SB » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:21 pm

although it is really early to judge who is going to end up better. LT is a way better back than both of them. Hes a living legend.
DC5SB
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 51)

Postby WannabeGuru » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:25 pm

Just go away.
I already stated that you could have an legit argument about LT vs SA. I personally believe LT would put up better number because of the reasons listed above, but I can see how you would have LT 2nd, but 3rd???????? Green or no Green LJ was never going to live to to the ridiculous numbers some were predicting for him.

P.S I never said I was the only person who had LT #1

where is the proof of you telling anyone here this?
Since I`m sure there are many people thinking this same thing, read and enjoy

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=233389&start=30

And I will try to find the thread with the vultures who ripped people who had LT #1
WannabeGuru
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WannabeGuru » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:31 pm

For the record this is not about me gloating or tooting my own horn, this is about sticking it to the people who called others "idiots, morons, stupid, etc"

REPENT, REPENT NOW!

Rev Wannabeguru
WannabeGuru
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:34 pm

Lets look at the stats:
LJ: 357 rush yds 3tds; 23catches, 274 rec yds 1td, 2 fumbles lost

LT: 407 rush yds 7tds; 26 catches 174 rec yds, 0 fumbles lost

LJ has more total yards and only 3 less TDs then LT at the moment. I dont know how you can say defintely that anyone that took LJ over LT is foolish. There stats are basically interchangeable.

If you think the lose of a veteran like Trent Green doesnt hurt a running back your crazy.

Personally i was more of an LT fan to start the season but i hardly feel vindicated after 6 weeks with their stats basically the same.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby WannabeGuru » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:46 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Lets look at the stats:
LJ: 357 rush yds 3tds; 23catches, 274 rec yds 1td, 2 fumbles lost

LT: 407 rush yds 7tds; 26 catches 174 rec yds, 0 fumbles lost

LJ has more total yards and only 3 less TDs then LT at the moment. I dont know how you can say defintely that anyone that took LJ over LT is foolish. There stats are basically interchangeable.

If you think the lose of a veteran like Trent Green doesnt hurt a running back your crazy.

Personally i was more of an LT fan to start the season but i hardly feel vindicated after 6 weeks with their stats basically the same.
We`re talking 50 more total yds for LJ, I don`t know about your league by my league penalized players for fumbles lost which in this case whips out LJ's 50 more yds. You talk about 3 less TD's like its not a big deal, thats a lot of pts in my league and I`d say it is in your league as well. For some predicted to get 2000+yds and 25-30 TD's LJ is a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG way off. LT has yet to have a complete yds and TD game, and he is still a good ways ahead of LJ. Those of you that may think LT's 4 TD's game was fluke need to take a look at how many times he's done similar things.
WannabeGuru
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby quitesanemax » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:50 pm

WannabeGuru wrote:For the record this is not about me gloating or tooting my own horn, this is about sticking it to the people who called others "idiots, morons, stupid, etc"

REPENT, REPENT NOW!

Rev Wannabeguru

For the record, sorry dude, it comes across as you gloating and tooting your own horn. Congrats hope your enjoying it.

I valued them as 1. LT, 2. LJ, and 3. SA. Unfortunately, the person who grabbed LT also felt he was #1 in my league. I got LJ at #3. I thought LJ was good not due to his experience, but KC's experience at building up offensive lines. LJ may not have proven that he could do it year after year, but the KC O-line had proven that it could. But they took a big hit in the offseason, and I'm not so sure that the new staff is as good at fixing that problem. Still, LJ has done pretty good for me.

Its pretty clear at this point that you will be right, barring any major injuries. LT's schedule is a cakewalk. His only tough opponent is Denver (twice). LJ's schedule is just too tough to keep up with LT this year.

Its also pretty clear that you have some growing up to do.
quitesanemax
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk