For all of you that had LT 3rd behind LJ & SA - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

For all of you that had LT 3rd behind LJ & SA

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:52 pm

in a standard league LT has averaged 20.02 pts/game while LJ has averaged 16.62 pts/game.

Yes LT has the better numbers but do you really need to start a thread spouting off about how smart you are and how dumb others are over 3 and a half pts/game? I really dont know where you come off. Especially sense both of these backs have only played 5 GAMES!!!! Get real.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: For all of you that had LT 3rd behind LJ & SA

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:53 pm

WannabeGuru wrote:For the record this is not about me gloating or tooting my own horn

WannabeGuru wrote:TOLD YOU SO!

;-7

the consensus of this board was that you cant lose with a top 3 pick, not that LJ or SA were clear cut 1 and 2. i dont even know what the point of this is.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WannabeGuru » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:55 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:
Yes LT has the better numbers but do you really need to start a thread spouting off about how smart you are and how dumb others are over 3 and a half pts/game? I really dont know where you come off. Especially sense both of these backs have only played 5 GAMES!!!! Get real.
After the abuse poured on me and other for saying LT was #1 and LJ was #3 you`re damn right I need to start a thread.
WannabeGuru
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:59 pm

WannabeGuru wrote:
After the abuse poured on me and other for saying LT was #1 and LJ was #3 you`re damn right I need to start a thread.

mysticphysh from the other LT2 is a god and we should all bow down to him and lick his FF cleats thread wrote:
We're not even half way through the season. Crowning LT2 king of the world is a little premature.

LJ has held his own and will have some great games ahead. KC plays Oakland twice, Cleveland, Miami, and St Louis.

SA has been the real question mark. Even before he got hurt, he wasn't doing all that well. Those were the big three.

If you look at it, Portis and Parker have the better chance of being up there with LT come season end. Parker has a bit more yards, and only 2 less TDs. Portis has a few less yards but only 1 less TD. So who did better? The person who predicted LT2 as the top RB (not a big deal, a lot of people did) or the person who predicted Parker in the top 5 RBs?
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:02 pm

WannabeGuru wrote:

all the abuse poured on you??

here's links to the only two times you ever talked about this subject and only one person even responded to you. and he wasnt even talking about LT2.

:-t

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=233389&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=30

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1610357&highlight=#1610357
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kilroy » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:43 pm

mysticphysh wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:So you predicted that Shaun Alexander would get hurt and be out for multiple games? Did you also predict that Trent Green would get hurt in the first few weeks and miss several games, severally hindering LJs value?

Honestly its not much of an accomplishment to have said that LT was going to be the leading RB this year. Many at the cafe had him as No. 1.

Just go away.

I had him at number two....that must mean that I know absolutely nothing about football :~(

Obviously. ;-)

Goes without saying. ;-)

As to the OP...

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby tomkatt » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:04 pm

Funny thing about this thread is it comes after LT2's 4 TD game. I've had LaDainian in a one player keeper from his second year to present. He got me a much needed win this week.

However, to start gloating about him makes me chuckle. I've been telling all my friends over the last week that if he doesn't start having some LT2-like performances I'm going to go down with the ship. Heck, you even saw fantasy sites touting Turner the Burner as a great pickup heading into this week. No need to gloat about LaDainian, just enjoy his production and hope Turner doesn't steal some TD's.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby quitesanemax » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:05 pm

WannabeGuru wrote:

Poor child. I'm sure we all just feel so bad that you got abuse from others for your opinions, which (judging by your attitude here) I am sure you shoved down everyone's throat.
quitesanemax
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:11 pm

"I told you so?"

If you said before the season started that LT would have a 4td game against a team like the 49ers, then jump onto an internet cafe and brag like a grad schooler.......then yes, you would be correct. you did tell me so
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby skinsfan » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:12 pm

LT went first in my draft, and I had him on my cheatsheet as first as well. I took Alexander because he fell to me at third, but I would've taken Portis were he not injured at the time.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk