CAN ANYONE HELP A HEART-BROKEN FANTASY MANAGER???? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

CAN ANYONE HELP A HEART-BROKEN FANTASY MANAGER????

Moderator: Football Moderators

CAN ANYONE HELP A HEART-BROKEN FANTASY MANAGER????

Postby DudeLaw » Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:08 pm

Guys,

I don't know where or how to start. I guess by telling you that in a 10 team league, I am 1-4. Let me now show you my team:

Starters:

QB - Brady
WR - Holt
WR- C. Johnson
RB - Portis
RB - S. Davis
WR/RB - Henry
TE - F. Jones
K - M. Anderson
D - B. Urlacher
D - S. Rice
D - R. Tongue

Bench:
Michael Vick
Troy Hambrick
Lamar Gordon
Jimmy Smith
Leonard Little

I lost one game thanks to Jamal Lewis' 295 yrd, 2 TD performance, I lost one due to not getting credit for an Urlacher fumble recovery, and I lost last night thanks to Harrison and the lackluster Bucs D in the 4th quarter. I'm in last place and I have the highest point total in the entire league. Does anyone possibly see any gaps in my roster, or am I just being manhandled by the fantasy gods? I have lost 3 games by under 3 points and I am just in shock as to how this is happening. CAN ANYONE ASSIST ME!?!?! :-/
DudeLaw
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:13 pm

Looking at your roster, I'm shocked to see you're in last place. I think you've just been hit by really bad luck. I'd sit tight with that team and expect to make the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if you won the rest of your games into the playoffs, especially if Vick plays like he did last year when he gets back.

Don't change a thing.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby big shot » Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:14 pm

your team looks very good. youre just getting unlucky. that will happen in head to head fantasy leagues. just stick it out you will get better. You might want to look for a better quarterback. i dont think brady has enough weapons to be a great fantasy quarterback and who knows with vick.
big shot
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:14 pm

Good advice, but I wouldn't go and trade anybody real great for a QB. I would look on the FA list and see if anybody like Quincy Carter, Tim Couch, Byron Leftwhich,... are there. They should be able to get your team through.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:45 pm

That is just some poor luck. You are a little weak at QB and WR, but your RBs more than make up for that. If you are the highest scorer in your league so it should turn around. What ever you do, don't panic and do something stupid like trade one of you stud RBs! Brady's schedule is tough heading up to his bye, so youu may want to grab someone off F/A. Hang in there.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby BradtheImpaler » Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:55 pm

dude i had a team last year that was #1 in scoring thru 9 games and was only 5-4.....so flukes do happen. your rb's are awesome, and yer wr's are alright as well.....stay put and the wins will come your way.
BradtheImpaler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby DudeLaw » Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:58 pm

thanks.....the thing is that I have the best WR core in the league with Tory Holt, Jimmy Smith, and Chad Johnson, and Brady has almost 1100 yards and 6 TDs....that isnt terrible.....Leftwich and Carter are on the waivers, but I think I'll still take Brady over both......my Defense is untouchable too!......i'm just completely vexed.

This is the team I lost to last week:

QB - Garcia
WR - Harrison
WR - Streets
RB - W. Green
RB - George
WR/RB - Shaw
TE - Jolley
K - Vinateri
D - Freeney
D - Z. Thomas
D - Clements

I MUST JUST BE ONE UNLUCKY FOOL!.....HOW IN THE WORLD DID I LOSE TO THAT!! :~( .....I lost 68-67.....my 2nd 1 point loss.....should I trade like Brady and Hambrick to this one guy....he has both Maddox and McNair.....and he NEEDS AN RB BAD!!!
DudeLaw
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Azrael » Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:07 pm

On the flip side, I had a team that was probably 8th in scoring and started out 7-1 last year. I ended up 9-4 and lost in the first rd of the playoffs. So it will even out if you hang on.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:14 pm

I'd be insulted as hell if I lost to a team that started Eddie George and William Green as the RBs. I might quit right there on the spot, hehe.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby DudeLaw » Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:21 pm

thanks King, you've been a big help. :-t
DudeLaw
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next