Leftwich: top 5 QB by the seasons end? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Leftwich: top 5 QB by the seasons end?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby EagleFan68 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:05 pm

He is someone I was looking at for a favorable schedule down the stretch run
[b]QB's [/b] E. MANNING / KITNA / CUTLER
[b]RBs[/b] R BROWN / WESTBROOK (R BUSH / MCGAHEE / L BETTS / D WILLIAMS )
[b]WRs[/b] ROY WILLIAMS / T OWENS / A JOHNSON / BERRIAN
[b]TE[/b] WITTEN / WATSON
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby tsunami001 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:22 am

I dont know about you guys, but with Grossman's bad game yesterday, Lefty is the #5 QB in pts per game in my league now..

so i'd say it's possible that he could finish top 5 with that schedule..but who knows, we'll have to see.
tsunami001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby danleroi22 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:25 am

I Have to disagree... Cause I see the top five:

McNabb
Manning
Manning
Brees
Rivers

Yes... I think Rivers is for real. Grossman will struggle as the year goes on and fall out... letting Rivers take his spot in the top five.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby TheRawDAWG » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:14 am

can Lefty stay healthy for an entire season is another question.

Also, against the eagles he'll have to avoid the rush and he has that long windup that might not allow him to get the ball away quick enough. Same goes with the giants. They may have a VERY bad secondary but they have been sacking the QB over the last few games.

Lefty wont be top 5. He's not even the best QB on his own team. }:-)

But seriously, McNabb, Manning, Manning, Bulger, and Palmer should easily be ahead of him. Delhomme has all his weapons back and is looking impressive and will probably pass Lefty. Grossman has had 1 bnad game but has looked lights out for the whole rest of the season. And that D will continue to get him the ball. River shas looked very impressive since his been allowed to throw the ball. So I don't see Lefty being in the top 5 at the end of the year. Should be serviceable if he stays healthy...and if he doesn't go pick yourself up Garrard.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:05 pm

What is Leftwich now, the #6 QB in standard scoring leagues? With his upcoming schedule, I think he has a good chance at top5 if he stays healthy.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:06 pm

What is Leftwich now, the #6 QB in standard scoring leagues? (PPG to factor in bye weeks) With his upcoming schedule, I think he has a good chance at top5 if he stays healthy.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:33 pm

anyone have some rough value overall? His value seems very hard to peg to me. After this thread, I want to go get this guy, but what kind of general prices do you pay?
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tsunami001 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:01 pm

This is the way I see it: top 4 will be mcnabb, manning, manning, bulger in some order unless there's an injury.

Fighting for that spot will be:

Leftwich - 62 pts in 5 games - easiest sched, can he stay healthy?
Grossman - 66 pts in 6 games - bears should lock up home field easily, leaving him with less playing time at the end of teh season
Brees - 65 pts in 6 games, good weapons, medium sched
Palmer - 47 pts in 6 games - sched too tough (atl, bal twice, SD, pitt, den)
Rivers - 57 pts in 5 games - should do well, weapons surrounding him help immensely, should have occasional spurts of inconsistency
Delhomme - 48 pts in 6 games - too far behind aleady, will finish top 10, but not top 5
Brady - 57 pts in 5 games - has been struggling (by his standards) with less receiver talent than he's used to

so best candidates IMO are leftwich, brees, and brady. you may disagree with me, but i think that schedule and his strong defense and running game will help a lot. Plus, many people are sleeping on him, and I think he'll be the easiest/cheapest to acquire.
tsunami001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:13 pm

one word: yes

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The G.O.A.T. » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:28 pm

tsunami001 wrote:This is the way I see it: top 4 will be mcnabb, manning, manning, bulger in some order unless there's an injury.

Fighting for that spot will be:

Leftwich - 62 pts in 5 games - easiest sched, can he stay healthy?
Grossman - 66 pts in 6 games - bears should lock up home field easily, leaving him with less playing time at the end of teh season
Brees - 65 pts in 6 games, good weapons, medium sched
Palmer - 47 pts in 6 games - sched too tough (atl, bal twice, SD, pitt, den)
Rivers - 57 pts in 5 games - should do well, weapons surrounding him help immensely, should have occasional spurts of inconsistency
Delhomme - 48 pts in 6 games - too far behind aleady, will finish top 10, but not top 5
Brady - 57 pts in 5 games - has been struggling (by his standards) with less receiver talent than he's used to

so best candidates IMO are leftwich, brees, and brady. you may disagree with me, but i think that schedule and his strong defense and running game will help a lot. Plus, many people are sleeping on him, and I think he'll be the easiest/cheapest to acquire.

Wow did Hasselbeck seriously fall off the face of the earth or something? He is the 5th ranked QB in my league in fantasy points per game. Plus he still faces Kansas City, Oakland, San Fan(twice), St. Louis, Green Bay, and Detroit. Not exactly the gauntlet.

Back on topic I don't see Lefty finishing top 5. Top 10 with about 4-5 big weeks.
The G.O.A.T.
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk