Leftwich: top 5 QB by the seasons end? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Leftwich: top 5 QB by the seasons end?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby tsunami001 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:03 pm

The G.O.A.T. wrote:
tsunami001 wrote:This is the way I see it: top 4 will be mcnabb, manning, manning, bulger in some order unless there's an injury.

Fighting for that spot will be:

Leftwich - 62 pts in 5 games - easiest sched, can he stay healthy?
Grossman - 66 pts in 6 games - bears should lock up home field easily, leaving him with less playing time at the end of teh season
Brees - 65 pts in 6 games, good weapons, medium sched
Palmer - 47 pts in 6 games - sched too tough (atl, bal twice, SD, pitt, den)
Rivers - 57 pts in 5 games - should do well, weapons surrounding him help immensely, should have occasional spurts of inconsistency
Delhomme - 48 pts in 6 games - too far behind aleady, will finish top 10, but not top 5
Brady - 57 pts in 5 games - has been struggling (by his standards) with less receiver talent than he's used to

so best candidates IMO are leftwich, brees, and brady. you may disagree with me, but i think that schedule and his strong defense and running game will help a lot. Plus, many people are sleeping on him, and I think he'll be the easiest/cheapest to acquire.

Wow did Hasselbeck seriously fall off the face of the earth or something? He is the 5th ranked QB in my league in fantasy points per game. Plus he still faces Kansas City, Oakland, San Fan(twice), St. Louis, Green Bay, and Detroit. Not exactly the gauntlet.

Back on topic I don't see Lefty finishing top 5. Top 10 with about 4-5 big weeks.

you're right, hass definitely should be in the running. Not sure how I forgot about him.

I think in the end, it's pretty much a crapshoot to predict who will do the best outside of the top 4 for the rest of the season. Sure, i would rather have a brady/hass etc, but from my experience it takes a ton to pry them away from their owner. Leftwich is much easier/cheaper to acquire, and I think he will put up comparable numbers based on the ridiculous sched and jags D.
tsunami001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Crippler » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:03 pm

Top 10 probably. Top 5? no way. He'll come back down even with the soft sched.

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football